stv player not working on firestick

TV thinks my Roku is an Apple TV - how to change? Mine is doing the exact same thing. Who needs to be held accountable? Gets to grayed out profile icons. While youre waiting for this, it couldnt hurt to restart your Firestick device as well. Thanks, mine is doing the same. There is something wrong with the fire stick, only getting error msg as not connected, however everything else are connected with same wifi no other option getting apart from rebooting it. Even when I took it out, the tv still doesnt work. However, the downside to this is that the remote can run through batteries faster than some might expect and wont run on batteries that are too low on power. If the logo is displayed on your television screen, your device is likely stuck. Brad Stephenson is a freelance tech and geek culture writer with 12+ years' experience. Press the 'Home/Start' button on your remote and you'll see the launcher bar. Same thing! 17-06-2022 Are you still happy with the device, or do you think another streaming dongle might be better? Im having a lot of the same issues posted. I have tried resetting, rebooting, etc. I have a brand new out of the box 3rd generation Firestick which is for the 3rd in the house so I know how to set one up. Note; If youre already registered for an STV player account, youll be asked to enter Be sure your TV is turned on. I used my Amazon fire tv stick a few days ago and was working fine except it would say connection error message when watching a show. Fire TV Stick versus Fire TV Stick 4K Max versus Fire TV Cube, Unable to share your screen to your Fire TV, This simple trick gets you 54% off an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K, Bluetooth Multipoint finally arrives on Sonys best wireless earbuds. If you're looking for an awesome TV, read on while we guide you through everything you need to know. Otherwise, if all else fails, the factory reset will often clear up any issues at the cost of wiping anything stored on the device. Ive done everything still not working.. fed up. Was this answer helpful? Let us know if the ITV Player is not working on Samsung Smart TVs, or on other platforms such as iPad, Android and FreeSat. Step 3: Select Restart to confirm the action. Step 3: Lastly, try a different HDMI port on your television, as the selected port may be causing the issue. 10:37 AM Error code PLR-1002. How to Fix It When a Fire Stick Keeps Restarting, How to Fix It When Paramount+ Not Working on a Fire Stick, How to Fix It When Your Fire Stick Remote Is Not Working, How to Fix It When Fire Stick Keeps Optimizing, How to Fix It When There is No Sound on Fire Stick, How to Fix It When Spotify Is Not Working on Fire Stick, The 6 Best Fire Stick Alternatives of 2023, How to Fix It When Disney Plus Is Not Working on Fire Stick, How to Fix It When HBO Max Is Not Working on a Fire Stick, The 22 Best Amazon Fire Stick Apps for Movies, TV, News, and Music for 2023, How to Watch NFL Games on Firestick: Free or Paid (and All Legal). I have compared it with Roku, and Firestick does not work as well. It finally updated. in. I tried restarting the device and unplugging it from the tv again nothing happened. So frustrating!! I dont know what to do anymore. Problems like an Amazon Fire Stick not working, a black screen showing instead of media, and apps not loading properly are often occurring because of out-of-date software, internet connectivity issues, or an insufficient power supply. Step 4: The same idea goes if you are using an A/V receiver make sure you are on the correct input, or try plugging the Fire TV Stick directly into the television to see if the receiver might be causing the problem. If your app crashes continually or refuses to load, begin by clearing the app cache using the following instructions: Step 4: Choose Manage installed applications. If both devices restart and the Firestick still doesnt connect with the WiFi properly, then go into the Network page of the settings of your Firestick and press the menu button (the one with three horizontal lines) to forget your network. I cant figure out why. Is TV Player down on Saturday March 4, 2023 and not working for you? Now its saying FireTV with three dots at the bottom of the screen. This email address is currently on file. having problems with playing any videos or you have general feedback then please contact using the email below. https://support.stv.tv/support/solutions/articles/2000007702-which-platforms-are-supported-by-stv-pl Samsung Frame QE55LS03AAUXXU hard disk no content found. Think Amazon caused it with the update. How do we get them to do that? I only had 5% free space on the drive. 11:50 AM How do you factory reset the firestick? Ive tried everything from disconnecting everything but nothing happens. There is a list of potential reasons that your Firestick might encounter a problem, ranging from poor WiFi connection to a software issue. I do not have Alexa. Media streaming services occasionally go down due to server issues or for maintenance. Tried the trick of holding the selector button and play/pause button together still nothing. I get stv player but old version and can't seem to update. It looks like we are all having issues this month. This Bluetooth connection increases the bandwidth between the two devices which makes the Alexa voice control possible. You can also use your smartphone as a remote control for Fire Stick. Step 6: When your Fire TV Stick restarts, youll need to set it up again. have noticed that problems have started on over the last 2 days. If your Fire Stick turns off by itself, there's likely a glitch. 06:11 PM . Sorry we couldn't be helpful. If you've replaced the batteries, make sure you're within range, and if the remote still does not work, you may need to restart the Fire TV Stick with the following steps. I like the firestick options much better but it will not load. Thank you thank you thank you!!! Select Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for Updates to ensure you have the latest version of the Fire Stick's operating system and apps installed. Must have been like this forever. TV Player is the extremely popular streaming website for UK users, allowing them to watch free to air channels online using a username and password login only. Also, although the lasers are very bright, a proximity sensor will keep you safe from any potential (but unlikely) issues. Step 5: Plug in your Fire TV Sticks power source and wait for the home screento appear. You can retrieve them from Amazon. Mine works perfect I have 4 but they do an upgrade and screw everything up, Ok mine did this it start update on screen then goes to next screening saying it cant up date and then goes back to up date will not let me go to setting or anything, Any ideas on how to get your firestick to work? Its also a good idea to try a different HDMI port on your TV if there are multiple. changed batteries still the same. But, I've had it confirmed: it's no longer possible to support the latest requirements of the STV Player on 2011-2014 (D range to H range) models due to technical limitations, and so it's been removed. Both have many problems mainly that on start up the full Home Screen does not open, and if it doesnt despite opening apps they dont work? If your remote is using fresh batteries and the restart command isnt working, then you can restart the device by simply unplugging it and letting it sit for about a minute before plugging it back in. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions. I previously moved it from one tv on first floor to another tv on second floor. I have the same issue. My Roku TVs (3) never give me issues. If you are not receiving newsletters, please check your spam folder. It will work with Cochlear Nucleus 8, Nucleus 7, Nucleus Kanso 2, and Baha 6 Max sound processors. Our Services use cookies to provide, analyse, improve and personalise your experience and to show you ads based on your interests. Spoke to Amazon. I just bought a brand new one and tried setting it up on 2/25. I even bought adapter for ethernet usage instead of Wifi but I cant get to the settings themselves to tell it what I did and I need to forget the previous network. If you notice a delay between the sound and picture, go to Settings > Display and Sounds > Audio > AV Sync Tuning. I called Amazon and it wasnt any help. I have the perfect fix, have had nothing but problems with fire stick, switched to roku, life is good. No joy. Step 3: Check to make sure that the Fire TV Sticks power source is plugged in properly. A saving of $800, you're probably too busy thinking 'huh, laser TV?' It would be an awesome product if all the bugs were worked out of it. Im sitting here staring at a tv that looks like its off! If youve already tried fresh batteries and youre still experiencing Firestick remote issues, then try reconnecting the remote to your Firestick by holding the home button on the remote for about 10 seconds. Try using a different HDMI port or a different TV. ) in. I just got another new firestick and Ive got a Toshiba tv. I agree, starting early January, two Echo dots and one fire tv and one firestick all stopped working the same time the same day, and same as you i tried everything, appeasing Amazon reps, knowing everything they suggested wasnt going to work because i had already tried every damn thing suggested., Alexa is having understanding me right now, and three months later she still is, my correct password is apparently wrong and fire tv will not log in to Amazon, producing a tv screen picture that moves left to right constantly, re registering is failing every time, after 3 hrs on Amazon rep tells me my device must be broken, what all four of them same day, no worries she offered me 15% trade in for brand new, not a damn chance, as i know i would have the same issue with new devices. Thats my issue as well. Step 1: If your Wi-Fi doesnt seem to be working, first make sure you are connected by heading to the Fire TV Home screen, then selecting Settings, and then Network. I have a rental house where most annoying is the fact that the live menu is not working. Two tvs with Fire Stick and only one works. in. Restore the Fire Stick to factory settings. Gripping drama box sets, eye-opening documentaries, true crime and classics like Taggart and High Road. It just blinked out in the middle of a program, and nothing I do works. Internet good been restarted several times. Can I watch STV when I'm on holiday? Ive unplugged the stick from power and changed HDMI ports then changed it back again. Weeks after purchasing it. Step 2: Double-check that your television is set to the correct HDMI input for your Fire TV Stick. If nothing on this list works, then the last resort for most issues is to perform a factory reset, which we look at later into this article. Sorry, an error occurred during subscription. Duh! Can u help. But I cant register it again. Yes mines doing the same,just showing the Amazon logo and the dots. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Search our help centre for help with out web site, Mobile apps or TV apps. I have deleted apps and still screen is interrupted with not enough storage. You have now set up an STV player account and youre signed in; enter the unique 5 digit code that is displayed on your TV screen into the website then click Continue. 15-06-2022 It freezes when playing anything from Hulu. If this doesnt do anything, make sure your remotes batteries are fresh since the Bluetooth connection that the Alexa remote uses takes a bit more power than a standard remote would. There are additional tips for fixing the Disney Plus and Paramount Plus Fire Stick apps when they stop working correctly. Do they work after the factory reset or does the issue continues? In addition this week, asking Alexa to play a composers music and she says her spiel, playing music by Johann Sebastian Bach, e. g., but then nothing happens. If you find yourself unable to connect to Wi-Fi or get stuck at the Fire TV boot logo, weve got a solution for you. No help, but made us both laugh cheers for that . From there, click the 'Settings' icon followed by 'All Settings'. I have an issue, I have lost my original controler, and I cant even connect my controller because: 1, My fire stick is not configured, he appear on the page where i need to create an account 2: the controller still not want to be paired to go on the menu, My fire stick doesnt work at all I see Amazon comes up I See Fire TV comes up thats it it just keep roaming. I only have firetv showing up on my screen and been reading for a long time. Very cold and a lot of snow here in PA!!! I really have a bitter sweet relationship with the firestick. Step 2: Navigate to Applications > Manage Installed Applications. The following message is shown if your device is unable to use the STV Player app. If you select a show to watch, it plays for a couple of minutes, then display a message Internet connection error. How do I fix sound delay on my Fire Stick? in, When I search the apps so that I can download it again, it doesnt even show as an available app, This is a Samsung model ue32f6200 software version 2127, 17-06-2022 This Disney Plus deal ends on Monday lock it in while you can, The best TVs of 2023: our favorites from Samsung, LG, Sony, and more, I saw Sonys 2023 TVs, and I think this model might be the best TV of the year. They all work fine. I have unplugged etc, Ive been having alot of issues since around that time, Ive tried the fixes I can and still really bad with fail to connect, buffering, yada yada. As a work-around, you can: Bring up the Youview menu, but pressing the blue 'Home' on the . You can try restarting your WiFi router as well. Update your Fire Stick and its apps. Then bought a new extender and power cord. iPhone v. Android: Which Is Best For You? Nothing happened so I am advised to press the HOME button for 10 seconds (holding it near the Firestick). Depending on the problem youre experiencing with your Fire TV Stick, you might need to try different solutions to fix your issue. Same here, two echo dots and one fire stick all stopped working same day, Alexa said she couldnt understand me at the moment i tried every suggested fix, and went through all the suggestions again and again spending over 6 hrs appeasing 3 different reps who gave up and said my devices were all faulty, right no way, 15% off price of new ones as mine were out of guarantee period, not a chance, because i know three devices do not all go faulty same day same time, i eventually de registered all the devices only to discover none of them will re register, the echo dots saying i am inputting the wrong wifi password when i am clearly not, the fire tv refusing to register saying there is a problem to connecting to Amazon then the tv screen starts moving left to right repeatedly making it impossible to choose try again or cancel, one month later and hundreds of hours spent trying to get these working (i dont give up easily) tried different router, even connected fire tv through ethernet instead of wifi, re installed app, tried app on phone tried app on laptop, different amazon account all to no avail, these devices are bricked, someone switched them all off or bricked, blocked them same day, something fishy is going on here, one thing for sure i wouldnt buy any Amazon devices ever again, they are not to be trusted, if Amazon are unable to get my devices to work and the reps honestly have not got a clue, otherwise i wouldnt be here writing this, strange thing this, isnt it, maybe Mr Putin is doing it. If it's not turned on, the Fire Stick can't do anything at all. Why Does My Fire Stick Have a Black Screen? However, if youre experiencing issues with your Firestick not working, this guide will help you out. in. Ive already spent HOURS following every single possible re-boot, reset & re-pairing option out there, including chatting with an Amazon CSR last night appeasing him/her by doing everything all over AGAIN and still, it boils down to they recommend buying a new remote (big surprise). Hi Chris, just tried that but that update is not available and after running the check says the software version I quoted was the up to date version? Firestick appears to be stuck in either reboot or update, How long should this take. I can click onto a program I want to watch and it shows the arrow but then the blue circle for streaming appears and nothing happens. Please HELP, I bought a new one and after one day its doing it too, Ive had the same problem with both my TVs, after the upload, black screen only so I cant check or make changes, both became black within 24hrs of the update now useless. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. Copyright 1995-2023 All Rights Reserved. Pre-installed STV Player App on Samsung TV no longer working. So, I turn on whatever in the evening, and remove the batteries. After wasting so much time trying to troubleshoot my Fire TV stick to no avail, and Amazon customer service recommends I buy a new remote or more updated Fire stick, and reading so many complaints about the new ones being received out there, I dont trust that throwing more money at Amazon Fire Sticks is the smart way to go. Copyright 1995-2023 All Rights Reserved. Im having the same problem. I've got a 2020 Samsung Smart TV, the STV app was pre-installed and worked fine at the start but towards the end of 2020, the app stopped working. If you can't access the Settings menu, hold the Back and Right buttons on your Fire Stick remote for about 10 seconds to bring up the reset screen. It seems there are a flurry of the same problems just now. My Firestick is 2.5 yrs old and it just started cutting out right in the middle of watching something in YouTube and Prime Video. None of the issues anymore version 14 solved all issues for me, Amazon sucks, they are making sure our fire stick dont work I think we should stop dealing with amazon all together with everything else, My screen is completely black. Were going to look at the seven most common problems that Firestick users experience. The Alexa-enabled remote uses Bluetooth rather than IR like a normal remote, so it needs strong batteries to work properly. Im worried that my TV is not compatible. Doesnt fix the issues. This just started on 3-19-2022. Mine started this same thing yesterday. Doesnt Amazon have any responsibility responsibility. What Is the Trans-Atlantic Data Privacy Framework? Youview: I hear a loud pop/static sound between every ad break. What is wrong. I have contacted Amazon and they say wait a few hours. Bought mine to replace a seven year old version that worked fine but was very slow. A Fire Stick not showing up on your TV screen after being turned on could be due to selecting the incorrect HDMI input. Every time I turn on my TV I have to reboot because my firestick does not connect. Step 2: If your Fire TV Stick supports the screen-share function, when you hold down the Home button, a mirroring icon should appear if your device is compatible. All I get is a flashing screen. Fire stick Amazon are very cunning, no access to their main Managing director. Came back after being gone most of the day. Cant get it to reset to factory settings by pressing HOME for 5 seconds. Siftware T-MSMDUEC 1372.2, B6970101/070204, BT-S, 13-01-2021 I press a profile the screen goes black. Many devices will work even when this setting isnt turned on, but if youre having trouble connecting, clicking on this button in the settings can help sort things out. Soo frustrating. Same problem with a year old Fire Stick. Step 7: If clearing the app cache and data does not solve your issue, attempt to reinstall the app. Your Account 4. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. May have something to do with updating the phone to Android 12? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV. One tech said this is a common problem , another said it is rare! Delete the Fire Stick app and reinstall it. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes. Problem solved. I think Amazon put out some shit OS that screwed so many devices. Please try again later. Mine did the same thing, spent an hour or so with tech on line. After a year of not being able to use it, I am doing a factory reset. It doesn't matter if I use the iptv Smarters app, or any iptvs Smarters branded app, when I'm clicking through channels , it just decides to not connect to a stream any more. I need a factory reset asap. Same problems with mineit was working just fine three days ago, then I went to turn it on in the afternoon and nothing. Monty.I did this and it totally fixed the problem on both my firesticks. Go toSettings -Support -Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. Its a stuck download problem where the firestick update will not load and install because of too many apps on the firestick. your password now. 04:32 PM Hope this works for you! Last time I used the stick, I allowed it to update and it was just fine during that session. If your TV isn't up to date, you'll be able to download the latest software version, which could restore your . of the page. Step 1: There are a few devices that do not support screen mirroring with Fire TV. Everything seemed to be good then all of a sudden it went to blank screen. Channel 11 in firestick does not work properly, My fire stick was fine one night. My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GBOne Ui 5.0,Android 13 . Very frustrating as I have to reboot the stick. I have a Roku tv in another room and have no problem connecting with it. It will turn the tv on but wont navigate to do anything else. Test your internet connection. Step 2: Ensure you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Fire TV Stick. Hoping it will correct itself. The issue is that the fire stick IS connected to the internet as when I go back to Home, I can connect to Netflix, Amazon Prime video, IMDb and several other platforms offered on Fire stick. I also changed the batteries even tho they were not that old. Idk what to do. Remote works, TV works, internet works, but it was slow and sluggish, didnt want to obey commands from the remote. Thats the same issue Im havinghave yall been able to fox yalls? Step 1: Navigate to the Fire TV Stick Settings menu and select 'My Fire TV' option. Still nothing. checked internet unplugged everything, it is ok with Netflix just TV channels. IF I toggle the remote, it sometimes say Fire Stick in the onscreen input indicator then goes back to no signal. My firestick does not get past the logo then goes blank, thats using a hub but connected directly to TV itll work. Firestick worked fine then next day it didnt. It doesnt ever pull up a server and if it ever does, (rarely) then it only buffers. This ridiculous $6,000, 120-inch Hisense Laser TV is $800 off today, Watch every MLS game for free this weekend on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TVs can stream directly to hearing implants. UE46C5100 - MainBoard has been changed. Step 3: If your smartphone or tablet cannot find the Fire TV Stick, ensure that they are both on the same network and within 30 feet (10 meters). Additionally, allow a total of 15 seconds for the operation. He writes about Windows 10, Xbox One, and cryptocurrency. Is it from the weather??!!! The constant rebooting is usually because of the external drive issues. The primary way youll want to interact with your Fire TV Stick is with the included Amazon remote. Digital Trends Media Group may earn a commission when you buy through links on our sites. Thank you for your time. I will update findings if I am successful in my trials with this. It works like it did 6 years ago. I also just put fresh batteries in the remote, just in case. Other apps do update. Now on my second new Firestick, having returned the first one due to issues. Most likely its the otg cable you have plugged into your fire stick that is causing the problem, unplug it and and any external drive and it will reboot the firestick ok, then reconnect your otg cable and external drive. If you are still unable to fix your device or need a bit of help, we recommend that you reach out to the folks at Amazon for additional support. Is this what yours was doing? They could not fix so might as well smash it. Now it constantly crashes and restarts. Also get buffering, no internet collection, apps not working. sometimes I watch a show and hen I switch channels i have to reboot. Thats the only way we can improve. It was working well two days ago. Experiencing this on three different tv models and brand new fire sticks on two of them. If you like to stream on your phone or tablet, ITVX Premium lets you download shows to watch offline (on these devices and more, like laptop and PC), a feature not available for free users. Was watching TV when suddenly the fireTV logo came on and wont boot up. Hi Rachel, our STV Player+ service is not currently available on Firestick - it is on Mobiles, Tablets, Web, Roku, Now, Samsung TVs, Sky Glass and Apple TV currently. My tv has stopped working completely since I plugged in the new firestick. Hopefully, your problem was covered on our list, and if not, you might still want to try some of the fixes we covered. Hi@Maz6 yes ,the app is available on a Firestick. Sometimes I have to reboot but not always,I am new to fire stick and it looks like a bad product. Step 8: Within 60 seconds, the remote should reconnect with your Fire TV Stick. I realized it was not my fire stick it was that particular TV so I rebooted my TV and my Fire stick is working fine. Mine is doing exact thing. I am giving up and just ordered a ROKU stick. Step 4: Unplug your Fire TV Stick from its power source and wait 60 seconds before continuing. Ive done everything and nothing is working. Something is wrong with Amazon Firestick, how can all of us be experiencing this same issue? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub. If your Fire Stick turns on by itself, you need to disable HDMI-CEC. Mine does this when buffering if signal is weak or program first starts I usually fix this by going back 10secs. Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV. 13-01-2021 Bought a new one and same thing. I dont care if some people think Im a conspiracy theorist but seriously, there are SO MANY PEOPLE right now and all this month that are suddenly having the SAME PROBLEM with their remotes!! Same thing here! Sometimes a Fire Stick takes a while to load or install updates. Another common cause is the lack of sufficient power to the device to let it run properly or turn on as it should. Step 3: Open the Fire TV app and select an available device . Click on the 'Join STV/Sign in' button. Step 3: Select an app that's not loading on Fire TV Stick.. Clear the Fire Stick cache. Enter the following fields; first name, last name, create a password, date of birth, What I have found is that the built in player has this issue. You could unplug modem, router and stick for about a minute or so, and then plug back up, see if that does any good. No charge! Youll be presented with a web address and unique 5-digit code on your TV screen. Thanks! If you want to share the content on your smartphone or tablets screen with your Fire TV Stick, you can do so with only a few clicks. Depending on the Fire TV device, that includes streaming movies and shows from Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, podcasts, audiobooks, Alexa voice feedback, system sounds, and audio from local TV networks. It helps if I restart fire stick thru settings, but now Im having to do every e evening. In many cases, restarting the device and WiFi router can help. Ryan Perian is a certified IT specialist who holds numerous IT certifications and has 12+ years' experience working in the IT industry support and management positions. I unplugged the Firestick and my WiFi but it still wont work right. Did a factory reset. It can also help to check for updates for your Firestick in case its an issue with outdated software. It is still working good? Have replaced batteries tried rebooting etc, but cannot even get the menu to restore factory settings. I think someone is messing with Amazon and their customers. Still wont work. While you're on the main screen, select the Settings option at the top. in, Thanks James 4578 Guess Ill just have to do without on this telly. Step 2: If your Wi-Fi network doesnt appear at all, make sure that your Fire TV Stick is in range and that other devices arent having the same issue. Free for everyone in the UK. - last edited Try updating to this through Home > Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now. It's important to note that resetting your device will clear out all settings and personalization, returning it to the way it was when it first came out of the box. Ive changed batteries, tried the select/ play button. So Ive been reading about Roku. There is sound on start-up when Fire Stick first appears on-screen, but not after that. Unplugged for hours but still wont reboot. The last resort is a factory reset. A VPN allows you to pretend you are in Scotland so STV will stream you whatever you want to watch no matter what country in the world you're in. 09-01-2021 No. I went to my garage and got my 12 pound hammer and smashed it to its. Step 4: Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.

Functions Of Executive, Legislature And Judiciary, Whitehall Borough Sewage, Articles S

stv player not working on firestick

We're Hiring!
error: