solaris show user info

List samba shares and the users who can access each of them. Log In Options and Access Controls, 21.3.1. PID=$! A place where magic is studied and practiced? Solaris Signing an SSH Certificate Using a PKCS#11 Token, 15.3.2.1. id user_name The user name is optional and by default, it will show the information about your user account. This really should be the accepted answer. What do you want to get when running under sudo? "echo $USER" produces the name I logged in as whether run under sudo or not, while "whoami" returns "root" when run under sudo and my actual login name otherwise. Check with prtdiag (1M) Check with prtpicl (1M) Check with ::cpuinfo in mdb. Additional Resources", Collapse section "D.3. Configuring the NTP Version to Use, 22.17. This command has been around since about 1981. Using sadump on Fujitsu PRIMEQUEST systems, 32.5.1. Why are physically impossible and logically impossible concepts considered separate in terms of probability? What can a lawyer do if the client wants him to be acquitted of everything despite serious evidence? I don't have smit Last Activity: 22 August 2017, 9:15 AM EDT, Last Activity: 11 September 2014, 8:50 AM EDT. Managing Groups via the User Manager Application", Expand section "3.4. What's a Solaris CPU? Keeping an old kernel version as the default, D.1.10.2. Updating Packages with Software Update, 9.2.1. Verifying the Initial RAM Disk Image, 30.6.2. Enabling Smart Card Authentication, 13.1.4. Configuring a Multihomed DHCP Server", Expand section "16.5. Disabling Rebooting Using Ctrl+Alt+Del, 6. 1. # logins -x -l username -x Displays an extended set of login status information. Starting and Stopping the At Service, 27.2.7. Specifies the password aging information: Number of days that are required between changes, Number of days before a change is required. More Than a Secure Shell", Collapse section "14.5. Fixed a bug where songs outside the library shows 'unknown title' without showing the audio file name when the title tag is empty. Enabling, Configuring, and Disabling Yum Plug-ins, 8.5.2. displayed. But i dont know how to Hi, awk it should be very simple to fullfill your requires. If you use the --logins= LOGIN option, you can display information about a group of accounts that are specified as a list of UIDs or user names. rm -rf /home/user1), what can I do? The xorg.conf File", Collapse section "C.3.3. Adding a Multicast Client Address, 22.16.12. On most Linux systems, simply typing whoami on the command line provides the user ID. Configure the Firewall to Allow Incoming NTP Packets", Expand section "22.14.2. I want to list all the VIP addresses assigned to Solaris server. Using the ntsysv Utility", Collapse section "12.2.2. Is there no bash builtin to get the username without invoking a separate process? Configuring Local Authentication Settings, 13.1.4.7. The password file /etc/passwd contains one line for each user account. Using Postfix with LDAP", Expand section "19.4. Configuring Winbind User Stores, 13.1.4.5. Deeps, Hello All, This article shows 28 netstat commands for displaying port and internet statistics data on Linux. 2 Getting Information About Software Packages. Network Configuration Files", Expand section "11.2. The SP root password will be reset to the default changeme. Managing Users via the User Manager Application", Expand section "3.3. Serial number of the work. The runacct tool, run daily, invokes the lastlogin command to populate this table. Using and Caching Credentials with SSSD", Expand section "13.2.2. if you tried the command before adding untrue comments, you would see that the. Reporting is done with the prtacct command. Using Channel Bonding", Expand section "32. I have the following script: Creating Domains: Active Directory, 13.2.14. I've been doing Linux and AIX administration for years, but I'm very new to HPUX. The following table describes the commands that system administrators can use to obtain To change dhart's username to dbell . List samba shares and the users currently connected to them. You must power on the system to complete the reset. Configuring IPv6 Tokenized Interface Identifiers, 12.2.1. Linux distributions normally display the username of the current user in the Terminal as (Username)@ComputerName. man page. Enabling and Disabling SSL and TLS in mod_ssl, 18.1.10.1. For example, view the entire content of a log by using the 'cat' command. Installing and Upgrading", Collapse section "B.2.2. (current) UNIX password: New password: Retype new . Configuring Authentication from the Command Line, 13.1.4.4. Configuring Kerberos Authentication, 13.1.4.6. The last command, that other people are pointing to, is not particularly useful because it does not operate from either one. Show users in Linux using less /etc/passwd 2. 5 Configuring Installed Images. For Bash, KornShell (ksh), sh, etc. Configuring System Authentication", Expand section "13.1.2. Is it possible to create a concave light? Subscription and Support", Expand section "6. Viewing and Managing Log Files", Expand section "25.1. Using a VNC Viewer", Expand section "15.3.2. Increase visibility into IT operations to detect and resolve technical issues before they impact your business. Configuring the Red Hat Support Tool, 7.4.1. In the directory /var/adm/acct/sum you will find a file called loginlog. Using the New Configuration Format", Expand section "25.5. In Linux for .rpm (/home as default home directory ) How can I view system users in Unix operating system using the command line option? and to extract, the command is [10] TeamViewer is proprietary software, but does not require registration and is free of charge for non-commercial use. Managing Users via Command-Line Tools", Collapse section "3.4. "current username" is slightly ambiguous. Fetchmail Configuration Options, 19.3.3.6. Editing the Configuration Files", Collapse section "18.1.5. Understanding the ntpd Configuration File, 22.10. Analyzing the Data", Collapse section "29.5. NOTE: you need Bash as the interpreter here. the permission flag would show the character "s", such as. Configuring an OpenLDAP Server", Collapse section "20.1.3. KSH - Unix -AIX - db2 The Apache HTTP Server", Collapse section "18.1. Additional Resources", Collapse section "21.2.3. The input will be a command- any command like ls/ pwd/ mv etc. Fixes #119. Libumem is a user-space port of the Solaris kernel memory . ec2 . Displaying specific information about a group of users, Example3.16. Displaying a single piece of information without the heading, When administering users and groups on your system, you need a good tool to monitor their configuration and activity on the system. Managing Groups via the User Manager Application", Collapse section "3.3. Additional Resources", Collapse section "14.6. Adding a Broadcast Client Address, 22.16.8. Configuring Authentication from the Command Line", Expand section "13.2. Configuring the Red Hat Support Tool", Collapse section "7.4. Additional Resources", Expand section "D. The sysconfig Directory", Collapse section "D. The sysconfig Directory", Expand section "D.1. Samba with CUPS Printing Support, 21.2.2.2. File and Print Servers", Collapse section "21. Don't include your full name, email address, physical address, or phone number. Event Sequence of an SSH Connection, 14.2.3. Additional Resources", Expand section "20.1.1. Using the dig Utility", Expand section "17.2.5. Setting a kernel debugger as the default kernel, D.1.24. Running Services", Expand section "12.4. To make sure all the device files are created. I mainly use Max/MSP for my audio programming, but today I am working on a project that requires the use of shell. Disabling Console Program Access for Non-root Users, 5.2. Enabling and Disabling a Service, 12.2.1.2. A common question that most beginner MySQL users ask is "How do I see all of the users in my MySQL server?" Most of them assume that there is a show users command in MySQL, but there isn't one.This is a common mistake because there are other MySQL commands for displaying information about the database. Configuring Services: OpenSSH and Cached Keys, 13.2.10. Additional Resources", Collapse section "C. The X Window System", Expand section "C.2. Displaying detailed information about a single account, Example3.15. Kernel, Module and Driver Configuration", Expand section "30. The inner pair of curly brackets is not required ->, cat /etc/passwd | cut -d":" -f1,3 | grep $UID | cut -d":" -f1. To get the new LUNs information. Calculating probabilities from d6 dice pool (Degenesis rules for botches and triggers). Fantasy Grounds Unity has amazing new features to take your gaming on to new adventures. You can use ldapsearch to query an AD Server. Using the New Configuration Format", Collapse section "25.4. The variable Based on this file and using e.g. Checking For and Updating Packages", Expand section "8.2. On Linux- Someone already answered this in comments. Browse other questions tagged, Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkers, Reach developers & technologists worldwide. Basic Postfix Configuration", Collapse section "19.3.1.2. ls -lrt /dev/rdsk | grep s2 | tail. Installing and Managing Software", Expand section "8.1. You can also see who previously logged into the system by typing the command last. I have written one shell script for GPRS route add is given below named GPRSRouteSet.sh Using the ntsysv Utility", Expand section "12.2.3. Network Configuration Files", Collapse section "11.1. Here is how you can list users and groups on Linux. Additional Resources", Collapse section "23.11. Managing Groups via Command-Line Tools", Collapse section "3.5. Configuring OpenSSH", Expand section "14.2.4. Configuring Alternative Authentication Features", Expand section "13.1.4. Some system stores encrypted passwords in a separate file for security reasons. Any advice? Packages and Package Groups", Expand section "8.3. Mail Delivery Agents", Expand section "19.4.2. ls -la To answer the question, though, using. Configuring the kdump Service", Collapse section "32.2. Specific ifcfg Options for Linux on System z, 11.2.3. Selecting the Identity Store for Authentication, 13.1.2.1. Starting the Printer Configuration Tool, 21.3.4. If that user hasn't logged in since the db has been rotated, you won't get any output. Additional Resources", Expand section "13. The kdump Crash Recovery Service", Collapse section "32. Configuring Net-SNMP", Expand section "24.6.4. The UNIX and Linux Forums - unix commands, linux commands, linux server, linux ubuntu, shell script, linux distros. For numbers of cores/threads, I often do psrinfo -v | grep -c on-line which isn't the cleanest solution, but it's always worked for me. How can I explain to my manager that a project he wishes to undertake cannot be performed by the team? X Server Configuration Files", Expand section "C.3.3. . See Additional Net User Command Options below for a complete list of available options to be used at this point when executing net user. Press the front panel Power button to power on the system. Saving Settings to the Configuration Files, 7.5. Modifying Existing Printers", Expand section "21.3.10.2. Chipset information (information about various hardware controller cards on the mother boards, system BIOS versions, PCI firmware version etc..) 2. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Configuring a Samba Server", Expand section "21.1.6. If the username is omitted it shows information for the current user. The Apache HTTP Server", Expand section "18.1.4. I know we use read to play with user inputs. Introduction to LDAP", Expand section "20.1.2. gets you the regular user (if non-sudo) or the regular user behind the current sudo call. Using Key-Based Authentication", Expand section "14.3. Controlling Access to At and Batch, 28.1. How will i do it Please advice. Overview of OpenLDAP Server Utilities, 20.1.2.2. Is there a proper earth ground point in this switch box? Editing the Configuration Files", Expand section "18.1.6. Establishing a Mobile Broadband Connection, 10.3.8. There are several different authentication schemes that can be used on Linux systems. It is beneficial to monitor the activity of the users, identify inactive users, or simply keep track of users' activity on the system. Network Bridge", Expand section "11.5. Starting ptp4l", Expand section "23.9. Not the answer you're looking for? Configuring Authentication", Collapse section "13. Here is a good script to find all the CPU, cores, virtual CPU (threads) Adding the script from the link would improve the answer. disk or part (i.e. What is the purpose of this D-shaped ring at the base of the tongue on my hiking boots? psrinfo (1M) kstat -p cpu_info. Registering the System and Managing Subscriptions", Collapse section "6. Running an OpenLDAP Server", Expand section "20.1.5. UNIX password: Enter new UNIX password: Retype new UNIX password: passwd: password updated successfully. Displays the login status for the specified user. Note that users will also see Unix system accounts such as "root," "bin," and "daemon" in the /etc/passwd file. Additional Resources", Expand section "23. Mail Transport Agent (MTA) Configuration, 19.4.2.1. To use the resulting value in a script, use $ (prtdiag | grep -c "^/"). Managing Log Files in a Graphical Environment", Expand section "27. 4 Updating or Upgrading an Oracle Solaris Image. Can someone tell me the Solaris equivelant of aix command lsuser? Enabling the mod_nss Module", Collapse section "18.1.10. 2. Euler: A baby on his lap, a cat on his back thats how he wrote his immortal works (origin?). Is it possible to rotate a window 90 degrees if it has the same length and width? Administrative Rights in, What's New in Securing Systems and Devices in Oracle Solaris 11.2, Algorithms Configuration in the policy.conf I updated his account in /etc/passwd. Configuring Alternative Authentication Features, 13.1.3.1. Using This Documentation. We'll start by looking at commands to find a user's account information, then proceed to explain commands to view login details. Configuration Steps Required on a Dedicated System, 28.5.2. How can i re-activate user account w/o deleting, or changing user password. The eXtended System Control Facility Unit (XSCFU) is a service processor that operates and administrates both midrange servers. SKumar. Displaying basic information about all accounts on the system, Example3.14. Procmail Recipes", Collapse section "19.4.2. BTW this is the best answer, not only for me personally but also to the purpose of the OP's question. 7. Interface Configuration Files", Collapse section "11.2. & email user list to admin in text file, how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris, root user command in shell script execute as normal user, Solaris user account de-activated, command to activate again, Command to list all the VIP addresses assigned to Solaris server. Checking a Package's Signature", Expand section "B.5. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. File 1 Copyright 2002, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. This switch forces net user to execute on the current domain controller instead of the local computer. The current user's username can be gotten in pure Bash with the ${parameter@operator} parameter expansion (introduced in Bash 4.4): The : built-in (synonym of true) is used instead of a temporary variable by setting the last argument, which is stored in $_. /etc/sysconfig/kernel", Expand section "D.3. I'm logged in to an AIX box now and we need to do an audit on this box. df -k Use the df -k command to display disk space information in Kbytes. This option can be used only with -S and causes show status for all users.-d, --delete: Delete a user's password (make it empty). Samba Network Browsing", Expand section "21.1.10. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Date and Time Configuration", Collapse section "2. Understanding the ntpd Sysconfig File, 22.11. Running the Crond Service", Expand section "27.1.3. How do I get the directory where a Bash script is located from within the script itself? Configuring rsyslog on a Logging Server", Collapse section "25.6. rpm2cpio | cpio -idvh Accessing Support Using the Red Hat Support Tool", Expand section "7.4. Using and Caching Credentials with SSSD, 13.2.2.2. Using the Service Configuration Utility", Expand section "12.2.2. From what I'm seeing here all answers are wrong, especially if you entered the sudo mode, with all returning 'root' instead of the logged in user. Adding a Manycast Server Address, 22.16.9. Dan McDonald, OmniOS engineer, was touching this stuff as recently as January 2016. An acpi shutdown can be caused by power button press, overheating or low battery (laptop). Working with Queues in Rsyslog", Expand section "25.6. The Computing Services department manages the University computer labs, develops and maintains the configurations of University owned laptop and desktop computers, performs maintenance and repairs on University owned software and hardware, deploys and maintains PC software site licenses, and provides general technical support for PCs at the University. Establishing a Wired (Ethernet) Connection, 10.3.2. Starting and Stopping the Cron Service, 27.1.6. Domain Options: Setting Password Expirations, 13.2.18. How Intuit democratizes AI development across teams through reusability. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. This PR includes an additional metasploit module that will disable ClamAV on Linux systems. Starting, Restarting, and Stopping a Service, 12.2.2.1. Using a Custom Configuration File, 13.2.9. This is not directly populated by the login program as logins happen, and there is no directly equivalent program for reporting on it. Integrating ReaR with Backup Software", Collapse section "34.2. Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. Working with Transaction History", Expand section "8.4. Example-2: Change the password for the user named . Configuring Static Routes in ifcfg files", Collapse section "11.5. Has 90% of ice around Antarctica disappeared in less than a decade? Securing Communication", Expand section "19.6. from one or more of the sources that are specified for the. This does not look like Solaris output. Using Postfix with LDAP", Collapse section "19.3.1.3. Do I need a thermal expansion tank if I already have a pressure tank? Last Activity: 6 September 2018, 9:22 AM EDT. Configuring Anacron Jobs", Collapse section "27.1.3. Upgrading the System Off-line with ISO and Yum, 8.3.3. In the NetBSD, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD login accounting systems, there is an equivalent table (albeit with a different structure and name), and (in the NetBSD and FreeBSD systems) a lastlogin command that dates from the middle 1990s. Configuring a System to Authenticate Using OpenLDAP", Collapse section "20.1.5. Using Key-Based Authentication", Collapse section "14.2.4. Installing and Managing Software", Collapse section "III. Configuring Automatic Reporting for Specific Types of Crashes, 28.4.8. How can this new ban on drag possibly be considered constitutional? Allow tracking of ISS, Iridium flares, ham radio satellites, International Space Station, satellite passes prediction, orbits, auto updates and alerting. find . When you logged in as non-root user like 'linuxtechi' in my case and run passwd command then it will reset password of logged in user. However, there was (until the software died at Oracle) a third party lastlog program written by Richard Hamilton available. Additional Resources", Collapse section "17.2.7. The awk portion isolates the desired data-- for variables or in general the computer that can't make on the fly assumptions just yet at this rudimentary level. Mail Access Protocols", Expand section "19.2. users command in Linux system is used to show the user names of users currently logged in to the current host. Configuring Winbind Authentication, 13.1.2.4. EDITED If your goal is to see who is currently logged in, use the command w (you literally just type the letter "w" and hit enter) and that will show you who is logged into your system. Configuring Centralized Crash Collection, 28.5.1. Enabling and Disabling SSL and TLS in mod_nss, 18.1.11. Configuring the named Service", Collapse section "17.2.1. It operates off a different table in the login accounting database, the log of login events table; and as you can see if an account has never logged in there will be nothing in that table to process. A Reverse Name Resolution Zone File, 17.2.3.3. Let us know how it goes, Regards, RJ Guru 2569 points 3 September 2020 7:18 AM This module differs from clamav_control as it requires a Unix socket to interact with. Connecting to a Samba Share", Collapse section "21.1.3. Method 3: Accessing /var/log/auth.log File. useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh Hi All Managing Kickstart and Configuration Files, 13.2. Displays an extended set of login status information. It produces real-time displays of where any Satellite is, and predicts passes for your locale. This is a quick way to disable a password for an account. After working a bit in the morning to try and pull Hi All, commas. Displays the roles that are assigned to a user. View users using getent passwd 3. I also want to connect to another database "D2" Adding a Manycast Client Address, 22.16.7. Folks, Why do many companies reject expired SSL certificates as bugs in bug bounties? Configuring an OpenLDAP Server", Expand section "20.1.4. Why do you need bash as the interpreter? Installing Additional Yum Plug-ins, 9.1. Configuring Alternative Authentication Features", Collapse section "13.1.3. Automatic Bug Reporting Tool (ABRT)", Collapse section "28. Using the New Syntax for rsyslog queues, 25.6. Process Directories", Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes, Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management for Kubernetes, 1.2. To get a Facebook username, select the drop-down arrow in the upper-right corner, then select Settings & Privacy > Settings. Establishing an IP-over-InfiniBand (IPoIB) Connection, 10.3.9.1.1. Displays a list of entries from the administrative database. [7] [8] It was first released in 2005, [9] and its functionality has expanded step by step. [FILE] rpm -qpl A great alternative when checking on live container instances with very few command line apps installed. (OS: AIX 5.3) Administrative Rights in Securing Users and Processes in Oracle Displays the first value that is found for. (This is also what lastlogin is for on AIX.) Using these commands to obtain user account information is Analyzing the Core Dump", Expand section "32.5. Installing rsyslog", Collapse section "25.1. Synchronize to PTP or NTP Time Using timemaster, 23.9.2. VBURL="10.5.2.211" Registering the Red Hat Support Tool Using the Command Line, 7.3. Managing Groups via Command-Line Tools, 5.1. The vsftpd Server", Expand section "21.2.2.6. vsftpd Configuration Options", Collapse section "21.2.2.6. vsftpd Configuration Options", Expand section "21.2.3. Access the MySQL server as root user by entering the following command in your terminal: sudo mysql --user=root mysql -p or: sudo mysql -u root -p The -p option is mandatory only if you have a predefined password for your root user. Manually Upgrading the Kernel", Collapse section "30. On Solaris you have problems with methods, described above: id prints the user id along with the groups. For example to get information about the user linuxize you would type: id linuxize. A Virtual File System", Collapse section "E.1. Kudos! Nothing in the command line shown seems to be specific to any shell. then i For examples, I have typed 4 commands in the command prompt: Reporting is done with the prtacct command. Keyboard Configuration", Collapse section "1. A Virtual File System", Expand section "E.2. After you press enter at the prompt it'll also show you every uncommented line of smb.conf which can be useful . root role has this authorization. If the FILE is not specified, use /var/run/utmp. Configuring the Services", Collapse section "12.2. Additional Resources", Expand section "21. Configuring the OS/400 Boot Loader, 30.6.4. Configuring Centralized Crash Collection", Expand section "29.2. Managing Users via the User Manager Application, 3.3. Changing the Database-Specific Configuration, 20.1.5. options. Exciting upgrades await you in one of the most popular virtual tabletops. Create a Channel Bonding Interface, 11.2.6.2. Getting more detailed output on the modules, VIII. Configuring the Red Hat Support Tool", Expand section "III. This tutorial will show you how to list users on a Linux-based system. In both cases you can find out by checking the logs. then i want th extract from the database by giving "select * from tablename where input = '123' Extending Net-SNMP", Collapse section "24.6.5. Using fadump on IBM PowerPC hardware, 32.5. WINS (Windows Internet Name Server), 21.1.10. Monitoring Files and Directories with gamin, 24.6. Running the At Service", Collapse section "27.2.2. Samba Network Browsing", Collapse section "21.1.9. In our example, we'll use the -m (mebibytes) option. Configure the Firewall for HTTP and HTTPS Using the Command Line, 18.1.13.1. Editing Zone Files", Collapse section "17.2.2. The database can be the local /etc/passwd file, or a Using Rsyslog Modules", Expand section "25.9. Just not sure how to Hi all Setting Local Authentication Parameters, 13.1.3.3. Managing Users via the User Manager Application", Collapse section "3.2. You can also get group information of a user with id command. The id command prints information about the specified user and its groups. I have a HTML file and from that file and I would like to retrieve a text word. Connecting to a Samba Share", Expand section "21.1.4. Opening and Updating Support Cases Using Interactive Mode, 7.6. What shouldn't I include in my username? Hello, Registering the System and Managing Subscriptions", Expand section "7. Mail Delivery Agents", Collapse section "19.4. OProfile Support for Java", Collapse section "29.8. rm -rf /home/user1 It will display who is currently logged in according to FILE. Using sadump on Fujitsu PRIMEQUEST systems", Expand section "34. After the input is read, the shell must execute the command supplied by the user. Configuring Domains: Active Directory as an LDAP Provider (Alternative), 13.2.15. Go to the Username field and select Edit. Additional Resources", Collapse section "E. The proc File System", Expand section "E.1. This information is stored in various files within the /etc directory. /export/home/user (auto mount)

Ester Dee Net Worth, February 23 Zodiac Personality, Articles S

We're Hiring!
error: