how much is marcrest stoneware worth

The "M" looks like an "H" on many of the pieces, including the carafes. (Using others online pictures without permission is not allowed for many reasons.) Are you planning on keeping them for display? If sending money order or certified check, buyer must notify me within 48 hours of auction ending. In order to give you the best experience, we use cookies and similar technologies for performance, analytics, personalization, advertising, and to help our site function. I would very much like to have a daisy and dot dinner plate. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Question: Doug in Linwood, NC asks: "I recently found a Mar-Crest Cookie jar. I will inform the winning bidder whenever this is necessary and let them know the final shipping costs. You can check on the advanced search of ebay for completed auctions, checking titles and descriptions. HINT: Watch for auctions or second hand stores where the sugar bowl (or grease pot) has, say, a broken handle, but a perfectly good lid! Marcrest Stoneware Daisy Dot Pie Dish Pan Vintage Mar-crest, Marcrest Brown Stoneware Ovenware Pie Plate Pan RARE Excellent Condition, Marcrest Pie Plate Dish Excellent Rare Mar-crest Daisy Dot Brown Hull St, Marcrest Stoneware Brown Daisy Dot Pie Plate, Marcrest Daisy Dot Stoneware Pie Plate / Baking Dish, Marcrest Daisy Dot Stoneware 64 Oz Dutch Oven (RARE) Complete With Lid, EXTREMELY RARE Vintage MarCrest PIE PAN 10" Stoneware Daisy Dots, Marcrest Stoneware Brown Daisy Dot 9" Pie Plate, Marcrest Daisey Dot Stoneware Pie / Quiche Dish, Marcrest Stoneware Brown Daisy Dot Stoneware Pie Pan ~ Vintage, Catalogue Of A Valuable Collection Of Chinese Works Of Art, Potteries, P, Post 86 Fiesta Identification And Value Guide, The Loeb Collection Of Arretine Pottery: Catalogued, With Introduction A, The Anton Redlich Collection Of Rare Vienna Porcelains, The Story Of Royal Copenhagen Christmas Plates, Catalogue Of Masonic Pitchers, Washington Pitchers, Old Blue China Plate, Collector's Guide To Made In Japan Ceramics: Identification & Values (Bo, Chinese & Japanese Pottery, Porcelains, Bronzes, Decorations, Chinese Ru, Catalogue Of The Choice Collection Of Porcelain, Formed By R. M. Wood, E, Catalogue Of The Artistic Antique Property Belonging To Charles Of Londo, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. How used? If you have any doubts about the correct lid (or stand) for a Mar-crest piece, visit the Pictures page on this site and compare. Hull is said to have produced the pastel colored pieces: ball pitchers, teapots, tumblers, plain cups and oblong ashtrays marked Marcrest. Like I said, there's still several around, but the condition of most of these 50 + year old pottery pieces might not be as good as what you're wanting to add to your condition. Thanks; Doug", Answer:http://www.ebay.com/sch/Spare-Tops-Bottoms-/4048/i.html?_trksid=m194&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCHX:SRCH, http://pages.ebay.com/wantitnow/http://mar-crest.com/cookiejars.html, Go to the Message Board on this site and title your message that you need a cookie jar lid. I'm happy to say that quite a few pieces are listed this year! Brian in Indianapolis, IN, "Mostly I wanted to praise your work here. Joe in GA, "I wanted to tell you this was sold in greater Harrisburg by J C Murphy's 5 & 10(I saw them in the Camp Hill Store) in the early 1960's -- I am old enough to remember them when they were new!!!" Very heavy, with lid. How nice of your mother for the gifts! Big production just got better with Marcrest's newest Bale Baron models, the 5250T and 5250P. There is no price list for every piece of Mar-crest (yet). Original Price 54.31 I really did not know what I was buying until I stumbled upon your web-site. Thanks". It sliced his thumb and he almost neededstitches. What rare or hard to find items do you have? It happened to a police officer friend that came to my home to finish up an accident report that I was involved in nearby. I hand wash all my favorite dishes, glasses and cooking pans anyway, rather than put them in the dishwasher where they might get etched. If the rim of a Mar-crest "bowl" is unglazed, that means a lid belongs on the piece, and it is not a mixing bowl. Collectors refer to the pattern as Daisy and Dot, the glaze finish (color) as Warm Colorado Brown and the style (motif) as Pennsylvania Dutch. If they're available online, make sure the sellers feedback is good. Western Stoneware produced the Warm Colorado Brown daisy dot line of Marcrest dinnerware (and maybe some of the pastels as well). I am trying to collect some info (not an appraisal) on a carafe I found at auction recently. So I know what I have and dont have and need to buy/sell/trade for. I would love to collect some peices. If you ever get stumped, feel free to send me a clear picture of the piece fairly close-up, including a picture of the bottom, and please list its measurements. I am also excited to see how many unique pieces on your site that I have never seen beforeI wonder when the last unique piece of Marcrest will be found!" Thanks again. Maybe you can find another use for the bowl and turn the bad side toward the wall? Original boxes claim that Mar-crest is safe to use in the freezer, and also in the oven with temperatures up to 500. Question:Others have asked:"Did Mar-crest ever make a stopper for the carafe jug, a lid for the jumbo pitcher (making it resemble a coffee pot), a garlic roaster, an escargot skillet, a salad/dessert plateor a covered butter dish"? Now, if you'll excuse me, I feel the need to hug a tree. The Mar-crest grease pot with lid and dinner plates can currently still be found every now and again. Operations ceased in 1985. . Can you tell me where I can find them? Were they ever used? And that lead is not the only potentially dangerous element that can possibly found in pottery glazes? I have quite a few repeat pieces. Happy hunting! I started collecting in the early 50's.Thank you for brightening my day with your web site. I have oodles of the stuff that I would like to see go to someone who loves and collects it. Depression glass and Fire-King have been named. 10 talking about this. As we were going through his things I brought home a cookie jar and large pitcher. Question:Brett in Altoona, Pennsylvania asks:"Rita, Thanks for this informative site! This collection was said to have consisted of 220 pieces. Sale Price 43.45 Your carafe is Mar-crest (Marcrest). Free returns The rest are from my collection. I bought a small 5 inch bowl to go with a couple years ago.Nifty web site with lots of information and pictures. Were they display only pieces? The time of year one is selling in can be a factor. You might consider having an appraiser come to your home and give you an estimate. (10% off), Sale Price 11.81 I did give quite a few Mar-crest prices last year for the Yard Sale and Flea Market Anual book. For personal use? 85.31, 100.36 It covers Western Stoneware's formation in 1906, contributions of Eva Zeisel and a brief summation of Mar-Crest Stoneware history. "How about starting a catagory/listing for exchanging and selling mar-crest pottery on your web site. They were: Weir Pottery, Monmouth Pottery, Macomb Stoneware Co., Macomb Pottery Co., D Culbertson Stoneware Co., Clinton Stoneware Co. and the Fort Dodge Stoneware Company. Articles, Know Your Art Nouveau: The Backstory on this Fantastic Find, Friendly Fungi: Sears Merry Mushroom Collection. I'm so glad he was a friend!! Shipping & Handling: I ship packages within the United States via Priority Mail. Egg, butter and covered cheese dishes? We ship USPO to foreign countriesemail for an estimates.We don't consider the transaction complete until we know you are happy. I am looking for a list of a complete set. Caution must be used when using Mar-crest to heat foods and beverages in the microwave. Could this piece have been produced under the Hull-Marcrest eraoris it likly that my piece a reproduction of the Marcrest line of stoneware? :o) I recently bought a lidded piece at the goodwill for $2.99, and had no idea what it was. Also, that House 'n Garden casual serving ware and Heritageware molds were used. If you can't think of a new use for the cracked piece, consider donating it to the Salvation Army or the Goodwill, or use it to hold odds and ends in the garage or shed rather than putting it in the trash. 8.78, 17.56 Read our Cookie Policy. The experience and feedback of the seller can affect the final price an auction goes for. I do not accept responsibility for insured items lost or damaged in transit. We've even seen sellers call the 10 ounce individual casserole/soup dishes with a handle, a gravy dish. That's why it's important for collectors and buyers to become familiar with what Mar-crest looks like. The author simply calls the pattern Brown with Flowers and Dots. PS, Love your site. Fenton Glass '06 QVC Iced Handpainted Sitting Dragon, Bohemian Dressler Vienna Secessionist Majolica Vase, Amber Diamond Tiara Sandwich Glass Dish Set Of 4, Signed LALIQUE Crystal Bird Figurine - Head Down, Princess House Dighton Rose Silverware / Flatware New, Royal Albert China Mini Creamer PETIT POINT 4 Oz LOVELY. Ownership changes continued through the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s. If this item contains incorrect or inappropriate information please, Relevant The Marcrest premium line was made for Marshall Burns Company of Chicago. (15% off), Sale Price 25.50 When the site first opened, I did sell a few pieces myself. of Public Health Lead Info - PDF, http://www.ebay.com/sch/Spare-Tops-Bottoms-/4048/i.html?_trksid=m194&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSRCHX:SRCH. Keep in mind that anyone can view public collectionsthey may also appear in recommendations and other places. Besides the daisy dot pattern, the rare, pastel pieces are much sought after by serious collectors. Find out more in our Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. Answer:Shawna, you're in luck. Questions:Sandra of Garrettsville, Ohio asks: "To what degree is oven safe on Mar-Crest cooking dishes"? Operations ceased in through the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s. All rights reserved. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. It also depends on if the "right" collectors are online the week of your auction, and can easily find it (meaning that it's placed in the proper category, keywords are used and are spelled correctly). See more ideas about bean pot, stoneware, pottery. Azzy in Mercedes, TX, "My wife and I have used a Mar-Crest banded brown glazed mixing bowl for 20 years. The time of year one is selling in can be a factor. I posted pictures of each item and gave detailed descriptions and a clear return policy. After reading your information, I now know it is a daisy dot lidded french handled casserole dish! "I love your site! 11.81, 23.62 Martha in MI, "Hi, I just want to thank you for your informative site to stoneware that I stumbled across while doing a web search. Has a USA Marking I bel If you've ever searched "Mar-crest" on the internet, you've probably noticed something. Any history you could provide would be greatly appreciated!? Question:Phil Adams (and also Cheryl in MO) asks: I've heard that it's "probably" lead-free. Only difference is: it bears the name "Har-Crest" vs. Mar-Crest. Or for sale? More info is found on page 138 (pictures on page 139). For personal use? I just started my collection and I did so with the Grease Jar and Cover that my mother had. It's just like the ones shown on the personal collections link of your site. It is like the 5th jar you have listed. Anyone can pay PayPal by just having the sellersemail address. !On Mar-crest.com, there are a few different ways to identify your items in question. Oct 7, 2021 - Explore Liz Alves Santos's board "Bean Pots & Marcrest", followed by 128 people on Pinterest. Maybe you will start a Mar-crest collection? I had no idea it was even made in Monmouth. Now, if you'll excuse me, I feel the need to hug a tree. Question:June in San Marcos, TX asks:"Is the 4"tall dutch oven w/lid, stove top safe"? Sometimes, online sellers will call thelow creamer with a handle and a spout a gravy boat (the creamer that goes with the covered sugar bowl). An Illustrated Value Guide To Cookie Jars by Ermagene Westfall - 1983 (Values Updated 2003). How can I find a lid for it? Did you realize that leaded crystal contains lead? Now, that's a tough question. If you have any info please advise. I didn't realized their was so much history behind these plates". Seller: bcinternetconsignment (2,110) 100% View seller's store: B & C Internet Consignment. 43.45, 54.31 Search eBay and Google frequently. Question: Shawna in Searcy, Arkansas asks: "I am new to Mar-Crest, and after viewing your site, I discovered that I need the grease-pot with lid that came with the salt and pepper shakers. I will answer your questions as quickly as possible. Did you know that there are some people that collect broken pottery/ceramic pieces and make "mosaic" table tops? And that lead is not the only potentially dangerous element that can possibly found in pottery glazes? Original Price 39.81 :-). I've had a cup handle snap off while drinking hot coffee from a pottery cup before. I have only seen one of them, but my mother just won't give it up. Sorry, I know very little about Melmac. All items are sold " as is ". Question:Kim in Bella Vista, AR asks:"I have an entire set of Mar-Crest dishes including serving pieces. I decided to google it and found your site. Cookies and similar technologies are used to improve your experience, to do things like: Without these technologies, things like personalized recommendations, your account preferences, or localisation may not work correctly. This collection was said to have consisted of 220 pieces. Although I research each item as thoroughly as I can, please remember that I am not an expert!!! Wow! Should I just dump the larger one? One cookie jar is shown and it is marked Mar-Crest Oven Proof Stoneware USA $45-$65. I pack very well and insurance is optional but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED on fragile items. Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsys Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. Pre-Owned. When shipping packages through the Post Office, all of our packages are shipped with DELIVERY CONFIRMATION, and insurance. Glazes from other countries, especially very colorful pieces, may be of utmost concern. Many of these pictures were donated by fellow collectors. Questions:Sandra of Garrettsville, Ohio asks: "To what degree is oven safe on Mar-Crest cooking dishes"? The Garage Sale & Flea Market Annual Seventeenth Edition - Sharon & Bob Huxford, Collector's Books. Go to yard sales, estate sales, the DAV and the Salvation Army, second hand stores and antique malls. Since there were quite a few pieces manufactured in the daisy and dot pattern, combined with the fact there is so little factual information out theremany pieces have been misidentified. The time of day and day of week the auction begins and ends on can be important. Important ~ Please Note ~ I am not an antiques dealer or collector. Thank you. If you ever get stumped, feel free to send me a clear picture of the piece fairly close-up, including a picture of the bottom, and please list its measurements. In the meantime, here's a few links that I found to be informative:http://www.ceh.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=435&Itemid=274http://www.fantes.com/ceramics.htmCalifornia Dept. I was thrilled to find that my lids and bowls are correctly matched up though. Page 21 talks about Heritageware molds and their being premiums for grocery sales.   France   |   English (US)   |   (EUR), remembering account, browser, and regional preferences, remembering privacy and security settings, personalized search, content, and recommendations, helping sellers understand their audience, showing relevant, targeted ads on and off Etsy, remember your login, general, and regional preferences, personalize content, search, recommendations, and offers. Sorry, I know very little about Melmac. Your carafe is Mar-crest (Marcrest). The time of day and day of week the auction begins and ends on can be important. While Mar-crest is ovenproof to 500*, it must NOT be used on the stovetop. Thanks". Some rare pieces can easily bring well over $100 each. Teresa". Item comes from a clean and smoke free home! The auction didn't sell the first time it was listed. Other interpretations of the spelling I've seen is:Har-crisi, Marcrisi, Harcrist,Marcrist, and (figure this one out) Marquest. Negative auction terms and inflated shipping and handling charges can turn prospective bidders away, too. PS, Love your site. Mar-crest Colorado Brown Oven-Proof Stoneware was available at Safeway, A & P, IGA, Loblaws, Jewel Food Stores and Kroger grocery stores half a century ago (and possibly through Top Value Stamps, as well). Need a lid only for your sugar bowl? There are only a handful of books about vintage pottery, cookie jars, etc, but each book usually only gives a price for 1 or 2 Mar-crest pieces. Carol in PA. will receive an email confirming the item has been shipped.FEEDBACK:Feedback is left after you leave a feedback for us; we don't consider the transaction complete until we know you are happy.WISCONSIN SALES TAX:We are a retail store and have to charge sales tax to Wisconsin residents. I hope that you've bookmarked this site and will visit often. The section is titled Western Stoneware Company and there are 3 interesting paragraphs. Ceramics Hi, Michel. Would you want to do business with a seller that ignores these rules (that are in place for a reason - to protect the buyer)? I've had the handle of an old pottery cup break off while I was drinking hot coffee fromit after microwave use. Of the ones I've seen, very few seemed up to date. Loaf pans or candleholders? (50% off). Payment is due within 48 hours of auction ending. Were there other stores that sold Mar-crest? A Catalogue Of Chinese Porcelains: Collected By Mr. And Mrs. Charles P. The Collectors Encyclopedia Of Limoges Porcelain, Illustrated Catalogue Of Important Hispano-Moresque Plaques, Catalogue Of The Roman Pottery In The Departments Of Antiquities, Britis, Beautiful Chinese Snuff-bottles, Belonging To Miss E. Constance Woodward. Set where you live, what language you speak, and the currency you use. Question:June in San Marcos, TX asks:"Is the 4"tall dutch oven w/lid, stove top safe"? Atlanta, Georgia 30328 | 877.481.5750. You can check on the advanced search of ebay for completed auctions, checking titles and descriptions. Although your stoneware is ovenproof it is not flameproof. Heheheh ;c)". My collection started with a cookie jar I found just like the one my mother had. Page 53. Building on the original design principles that Bale Baron owners appreciate, the new 5250 models feature many impressive upgrades designed to improve productivity and serviceability. So I know what I have and dont have and need to buy/sell/trade for. Copyright 2005-2020 Rita Pence. of Public Health Lead Info - PDF--------------------------------------------------------------------------------. Thank you for your information." Before you leave, I hope you'll check out some of the great Mar-crest images found on nearly every page. The 5 piece bluesnack set, 5 piecesnack setin brown, rounded handle oval batter pitcher, soup tureen with pink interior, Well 'n Tree style meat platterand the round griddle with a handle. When the site first opened, I did sell a few pieces myself. Click below to begin your paid subscription. Etsy uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Detailed information can be found in Etsys Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy and our Privacy Policy. !On Mar-crest.com, there are a few different ways to identify your items in question. Question:Brett in Altoona, Pennsylvania asks:"Rita, Thanks for this informative site! Auction companies make it clear that sellers are to write their own descriptions and use their own pictures. I have oodles of the stuff that I would like to see go to someone who loves and collects it. Incised on the bottom of the large square Mar-crest handled skillet, are the words: "DO NOT Place On Open Flame Nor On Electric Stove Burners"! Through the years, odd lids (and casserole stands) have ended up on pieces they did not originally belong to. I'm doing my best to stay on top of all information submitted to the site, sent to me via email or brought to my attention networking with several other avid Mar-crest collectors. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Question:Dugan I.in Lees Summit,MO asks:"What is the most prized Mar-Crest peice to find"?Answer:Tough question! Marcrest Oven-Proof Stoneware Bowl Brown Daisy Dot pattern Made in USA Size: 9 1/2 inches wide by 4 inches high. BUY, SELL & VALUE Marcrest. Some history: In 1906, 7 potteries merged together to form the Western Stoneware Company in Monmouth, Illinois. It happened to a police officer friend that came to my home to finish up an accident report that I was involved in nearby. The auction didn't sell the first time it was listed. But search only goes back as far as about 30 days. Those partners may have their own information theyve collected about you. The condition of the items were somewhat vague, some items were paired with the wrong lid or were mismatched in other ways. Do you know where I can find said list"?Answer:The frustration I felt when trying to identify Mar-crest pieces was one of the reasons for starting this web site. You have to remember that these dishes were produced before regulations as we now know them were put into place. You can change your preferences any time in your Privacy Settings. Beautiful VINTAGE Signed "JOE ST CLAIR" Paperweight! Marcrest collectors talking about our Daisy Dot & rare pieces. The Collector's Encyclopedia of Hull Pottery by Brenda Roberts pages 18 and 19 show 2 of the Mar-crest trademarks. Were they ever used? Check out my other items ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Question: Doug in Linwood, NC asks: "I recently found a Mar-Crest Cookie jar. or Best Offer +$36.83 shipping. 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. Question:Nancy asks about a Mar-crest list, as does Russell in Anchorage, AK, who also had this to say:"Hi, I recently received a ton of the Daisy Dot from my mother, she spent YEARS collecting it with plans to give it to me.She told me that she was pretty sure she had a full set minus the lazy susan and then many other pieces. Oh, I almost forgot about the square snack plate. Mar-crest stoneware has rapidly regaining popularity in the past few years. My collection started with a cookie jar I found just like the one my mother had. Original Price 23.62 The brown is nice and even- the lights spots are just reflections from the glaze. Mar-crest escargot skillets? Good luck! Since there were quite a few pieces manufactured in the daisy and dot pattern, combined with the fact there is so little factual information out theremany pieces have been misidentified. If for selling (assuming they are the regular warm Colorado brown color), I'd skip selling the badly cracked bowl. Has a USA Marking I believe thats the name of the pottery company! Good luck! ** Marcrest Brown Stoneware Pie Baker RARE **Up for sale is this unusual Marcrest Stoneware Pie Plate/Baker.The top is about 10 in diameter and the bottom is 7.25 in diameterI believe it is rare. Most, I believe,is unintentional, due tothe lack of information or simply findingerronenous information.That's why I avidly seek close-up pictures of Mar-crest pieces and their original boxes. "Below is a link to what the Mesotheliomaand Asbestos Awareness Centersays about those old asbestos pads in an internet article written in 2008: http://www.maacenter.org/asbestos/products/asbestospads.php. Still no luck? Did you know that there are some people that collect broken pottery/ceramic pieces and make "mosaic" table tops? Read our Cookie Policy. Can Inarrow it down to 6? I've had a cup handle snap off while drinking hot coffee from a pottery cup before. D. Hickerson Little York, IL, "I found the 10 inch divided vegetable bowl in cleaning out my Dad's house. Public collections can be seen by the public, including other shoppers, and may show up in recommendations and other places. And usually, not in a good way. Original boxes claim that Mar-crest is safe to use in the freezer and also in the oven with temperatures up to 500 degrees. I DO COMBINE SHIPPING ON MULTIPLE ITEMS as long as it is safe to do so. Learn more. Page 144 pictures a Hull Marcrest dark green glazed 8.5" x 4.5" ashtray. Want to know more? Many of these pieces are actually Pfaltzgraff, Hull, Hall, McCoy, Kathy Kale, California Pottery, etc., all of which have many Mar-crest similar pieces. Marcrest USA Ovenproof Stoneware slanted pitcher Vintage, Vintage Marcrest Oven Proof Stoneware Pitcher 6" Daisy Button, Vintage Brown Drip Marcrest Stoneware Pitcher 8" Daisy & Dot Oven Proof Stamped, MARCREST Brown Glazed Daisy Dot Ceramic Stoneware Pitcher, Vintage Marcrest Stoneware Daisy & Dot Carafe Decanter Pitcher Jug Brown Glaze, Vintage Marcrest Stoneware Daisy Dot Water Pitcher 8" Oven Proof Made In USA, Marcrest Ovenproof Stoneware Large Pitcher. Marcrest was Western Stoneware's most popular dinnerware line. Ceramics Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. I did give quite a few Mar-crest prices last year for the Yard Sale and Flea Market Anual book. To enable personalized advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies. I have quite a collection thanks to my mother. Hope this answers your question. It is in very nice condition.It will be boxed well in bubble wrap.On the bottom it is marked: Marcrest Ovenproof Stoneware USAThank you for looking.We are including FREE Continental U.S. I was thrilled to find that my lids and bowls are correctly matched up though. Fragile items may need to be sent in separate packages to ensure safe arrival. I drink out of a Mar-crest stein every single day, and have for a few years. Any history you could provide would be greatly appreciated!? A thorough and detailed description of every piece is needed (chips, cracks, flea bites, repairs, stains, missing lids, etc.). 84.60, 99.53

Merle Reskin Bio, Detroit Restaurants 1970s, Skills Drill 3 2 Word Building, Why Do I Shake When Someone Yells At Me, Alaska Cruise With Halibut Fishing, Articles H

how much is marcrest stoneware worth

We're Hiring!
error: