fender stratocaster squier series made in mexico

He is trying to state his opinion about the guitar he has purchased. Some models of used Squiers actually go for more than $200 or $250, but those are made in Korea or Mexico. Truss adjustment are head (no walnut plug). For more information on the guitar, visitFenderweb site. It is also used by Gibson in its entry-level models. Oops, looks like you forgot something. Solid finishes also indicate that the body of the instrument is made up of more pieces of wood than an instrument with a transparent finish. Change of tuner machines, noisy potentiometers, selectors with false contact, etc. It's one of these slightly-mysterious "Squier Series" Strats from the mid-'90s. It's one of the best values out there and a great way to land an American Strat for well under a grand. On the Squier side, the offering has expanded beyond the Stratocaster and Telecaster, largely replicating the real Fender lineup and beyond. When I got a decent hand at building I sold my American Standard (for way too cheap) and regretted it the day after. It's often mentioned that owners tool to removing the offending "Squier Series" logo from the ball of the headstock, by sanding it off. On the other hand, Squier has been taking increasingly better ranges, reaching the point of manufacturing guitars with the same woods as Fender and Alnico 5 pickups instead of ceramic, as are some models of the Classic Vibe series. It has a very smooth playable neck with rosewood slab board. Electronic components are of the lowest quality as well as the bridge and tuners but it sound very good. The big difference is that the Fender Player Series has 22 frets, instead of the 21 of the Squier. 2nd - Fender bought the name Squier and the string making company using it in 1965. The volume knob has been replaced. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. I have one and I didn't know anything about it. Keep it simple stupid. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. It's tone was also different, it was very bright and clean and didn't really have that twangy garage sound I expected of a Tele. Found out its one of those MIM Fender Squires made in 1994 .I have played live with worse that cost me more. Based on your location, we've changed your settings: This is a 1995 Mexican Standard Stratocaster Squier Series. However, if it was on a true par, then the guitar could not have been sold as a budget model. New Chinese guitars, the Classic Vibe model with an alder body and alnico pickups, have little to envy the Fender Mexico of the Player Series, at the same time that they cost 40% less. Electric guitar giant Fender manufactures countless instruments from really inexpensive models like Modern Player Made in China, to expensive Custom Shop guitars made in the USA, in addition to its production from Japan and Mexico. you're talkin about the mim squier series, i assume. The period at Fender was marked by a number of changes in production, with new Asian factories coming online, and one of their production being hampered by a fire at their Mexican factory. I have a 1995 fender stratocaster "Squire series" MIM black with a maple neck, black logo with squire series on the ball, it also has a 3 ply tortoise pickgard, has anyone ever seen one of these with a 3 ply pickgard? Thick Rosewood (Darker Color & Well Cared For). When I bought the guitar I could have easily bought a made in USA Strat that was about a thousand bucks. Some even claim that in general Fender MIM guitars tend to weigh less than Squier models. Fender Stratocaster v Fender Telecaster. Tokai, Fernandes etc, below the 50k yen level) during the 70's and 80's. They were making guitars on production machines designed to produce furniture. When we talk about one-piece maple necks, clearly, the differences between both brands are still limited to the quality of the wood and not to the species or tonewood. Poplar is used in layers, along with maple, for hollow bodies too. Traditionally Fender has a habit of relabeling the better quality Squier labeled instruments as Fender badged Standard stratocasters. Has anyone else ran across one of these? I only buy guitars according to how they play, action,sound etc. If you have one of these "Squier Series" Fenders, you do own a proper Fender, and not a lesser Squier. I really doubt that the necks on any of the squier series strats were made in the U,S. Harvested From a 2009 Fender Starcaster Stratocaster. The body on mine is extremely light. I compared the two for quite a while through a fender amplifier. The cheaper Fender Stratocaster expansion such as the Japan or the Mexico ones, allow us to access guitars of great value for money. Both were cool guitars but ultimately I'm happy with the "Fender Squier Series" and wouldn't be surprised if in Korea they were also using the nicer wood with cheaper electronics as is stated hear about the Mexican ones, can anyone confirm that? Other Fender guitars of the time featured the gold and black logo. fun. Anyway my question is the stock pickups..anyone have any idea what they are.I switched mine out for noiseless, but never really knew what they were..they didnt sound half bad as I recall. Not the black label "Squier Series" ones. Before I'd played with this guitar, I hadn't suspected that it was anything other than a Fender Stratocaster. Thanks! But them all up if can find them. So he asked if I wanted it and I said yeah. It had cheap diamond tuners. In any case, it must be clarified that they are inferior to those of the MIA -Made In America- models. They fit at a price point between a Squier and a Fender. A great range of musical instruments ideal for any beginning guitarist or bassist. Original Ping Style Tuners (Work Perfectly). The Fender Player Series from Mexico tends to have a thinner finish with fewer blemishes than Squier, especially in key areas like the neckpocket. However, the sum of its whole as it came off the showroom floor is, to me, the key to what makes my so-called cheaply made budget guitar sound the way much more expensive Strats wish they could sound. It is not considered a wood with great resonance and sustain, it is light and cheap. I think that has a lot to do with their positive views of these particular Fenders. Thanks this is the best info all in one place. M serial. Please check the fields highlighted in red. Thanks. S/n ICS10018859. Your article has put my fears to rest, and you are 100% correct, these play nothing like a normal Squier, I'm so glad I got mine for the price I paid! 7.25. I replaced the tuners with Grover locking, pickups with Fender hot noiseless, and I put some graphite saddles in the bridge plus 3-ply guard and cover. "You got it, Hector!" Neck is 1 piece maple with skunk stripe and microtilt, but drilled for tiny cheapie tuners. Maple fretboard, red body. STRATOCASTER MADE IN MEXICO AND USA/MEX HYBRID STRATS Full Mexico and Hybrid USA/Mexico Stratocaster chronology from 1991 to today. By clicking Subscribe, I agree to receive exclusive offers & promotions, news & reviews, and personalized tips for buying and selling on Reverb. I also own two 80's jap strats, a Jimmy Vaughn stray, and an American deluxe strat. The Fender Mexico, on the other hand, have many components that are the same as those used in the economic ranges of the United States. Verkaufe E-Gitarre Squier by Fender Stratocaster + Roland Cube 60 Verstrker funktioniert.,E-Gitarre Squier by Fender Stratocaster + Roland Cube 60 Verstrk in Niedersachsen - Buxtehude. Watch this gear and we'll notify you if it becomes available again. "I recently purchased a Squire that was made in the Cail.plant when the Mex.plant was burned to the ground,all the numbers match,it is a E 9 series which means it was made in USA in 1989 and there were only a couple of thousand made in USA between that few months until they rebuilt the Mexican plant,from early 89 to to 90 and that model was a N90 made in USA,Mine was a closet find with all the case goodies a set of strings from 89 a leather strap that still looks brand new and the original". When you slide your hand up and down the kneck (when you are playing) you can't even feel the ends of the frets. It has the big Fender Logo in either gold or silver script with black outline (guitar is at home so can't recall which) & tiny little Squire Series on the ball. mine also has the same black check mark in crayon . I saw the squire series and I discouraged him by explaining a squire was not a true fender and he would probably end up getting like 50 buck due to the condition. So when I saw a local ad for a black japanese Strat I went to check it out. I have the same 1/2 inch long indentations in the neck pocket also. I was quite surprised to see them on my '95 - '96 guitar. Hallo! They are frets that give the instrument great playability. Player-friendly features like a 22-fret fingerboard and a slimmer neck make for smoother playing and. By clicking Accept, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. I bought it too. The guitar was decent, very good, it had the perfect neck (satin, thin but not too thin, rosewood fingerboard and faultless workmanship) and played and sounded great. Will a se series squier neck from the 90'- the 2000 era fit a 1996 Jimmy Vaughn mexican strat? Either way, this has meant many a person has bought a "Squier Series" guitar without really realising it. These single-coil pickups are made with ceramic bar magnets instead of Alnico pole magnets. The name remained unused until 1981 and Fender abandoned the string operation within a year of buying it. Bob replies. Free delivery for many products. Been a solid guitar and played many a jams and gigs. Bogor Hutauruk Music Gitar Fender Mexico Stratocaster Updown Original th'95 Rp7.268.500 There are small blemishes on the guitar, but nothing major. The Chinese Affinities of this era are regarded to be of good quality when compared to either the Mexican or Korean models. The humbuckers used by Squier are also built with ceramic magnets, with more emphasis on output than tonal clarity. It plays and feels great. I've got several of each and love them, i just recently bought a Squier by Fender "Stratocaster" from what i believe is the early nineties. Addressing a universal audience, both amateurs and professiona Fender Stratocaster made in mexico "Squier Series", Send me a notification via email whenever there is a new ad on this product, Stratocaster made in mexico "Squier Series", See all 77 photos of Fender Stratocaster made in mexico "Squier Series", Electric solidbody baritone or 7/8 string guitars, Electric solidbody guitars with JZ/JG body. It has a single ply pick guard. But which one to choose, Fender or Squier? Hi. These woods are much cheaper and of lower quality, and used in low-end guitars. We all ever wonder, Fender or Squier? The necks are super nice, have excellent fretwork and rolled edges. E-Gitarre Fender Squier Classic Vibe '50s Stratocaster MN - Fiesta Red Gitarre ist neu. Fenders, on the other hand, use the traditional tonewoods, maple and alder. Cheap tapered zinc block. The head machines and the nut generally speak a lot about the quality of the instrument, and here it is no exception. Fender stamps its mark on most of its hardware, especially the bridges. Gitarre Fender Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster MN Fiesta Red. These Affinity telecasters had the following specifications: 21 frets However, later in the early 90s, they were replaced by laminated bodies of the same wood, which meant a significant drop in quality. These guitars may truly have been a mish mash of parts. They are very easy to recognize by their two ceramic bar magnets on the end and some other features. Poplar is a tonewood used in cheap model guitars. A great dilemma that we will help you solve! I would know which wood is the body made of. The American is very difficult to locate, I'm not sure how many were made, I would guess not that many. Some FSR or Special Edition are not included. It was black with a maple neck. stratocaster made in mexico squier series, stratocaster made in mexicosquierseries, stratocastermadeinmexicosquierseries, stratocaster made in mexico squier. Check the pots on your silver label MIKs. Hey! But this one is special ( for me..) since fender is not producing anymore with floyd rose trem. David Lloyd (author) from UK on February 22, 2011: I was talking about the MIM ones - I wasn't aware of there being other Squier Series guitars made in other regions, however, just this week I have spotted a Japanese Squier Series guitar, and now your Korean one. Discover amazing local deals on Fender stratocaster electric guitars for sale in London Quick & hassle-free shopping with Gumtree, your local buying & selling community. Now, the Fender Stratocaster Player Series from Mexico has Pao Ferro, while the Squier Stratocaster Classic Vibe comes with Indian Laural. However, the Squier or Fender question is no longer so much a question. Based on your location, we've changed your settings: Shipping Region: Squier stamp in the neck pocket - yet to confirm if this is typical of "Squier Series" bodies. I will stack it up against ANY Strat on the Planet. Awesome sustain (unplugged). I'm wondering if this would possibly be USA or Japan neck? The fellow I bought it from actually also had a MIM 90s "Squier by Fender" Tele that he let me try out as well and it was a quite a different beast- the weight being the most noticeable difference, in that it was very light weight and felt much more like a modern Affinity Tele. my korean fender stratocaster squier series has different details than yours, one being fender is in black and silver, no squier stamp in the neck sock, and has a three ply pick-guard. Great article. The fire at their Mexican plant that you refer to, did not occur until February, 1994. Hadn't played it much lately after I got a US Deluxe strat but is a work horse. You guys are looking for a good guitar in the price range of a families monthly electric bill,it's just out of reality. I installed a mexican standard neck maple fretboard 91/2 " radius. Fender is the largest guitar manufacturer in the world, and the Stratocaster is the best-selling guitar model in history, Squier is its budget brand, what characteristics and differences they have: Fender vs Squier. Fender Player Series Stratocaster Great guitar in great condition, I have to get it rid of because I have too many instruments Single coils in the neck and ., 1308726327 . . Presently available in several languages including French and English, with over 700,000 registered members, AudioFanzine offers, free of charge, and for over 10 years, content and services in the fields of audio and musical instruments. On the side of the electric basses they have done the same, Squier is offering almost every bass Fender has ever made. What is the difference between the black labeled Squire Series strats that were made in Mexico and the silver labeled Squire Series strats made in Korea? how do i know what kind of wood i have?I removed the backplate, all sprayed, the input jack, also sprayed, i do not believe that the front has ever been removed. You could find yourself Squier Series Stratocasters, Telecasters, Precision Basses, and Jazz Basses, identifiable by their black Fender Squier Series label. I bought a Squier 98 made in Mexico - California edition. The Squier had far better tone and a better neck for really gliding up and down with smooth lead. Fender Player Series Stratocaster Maple Fingerboard. It's a HSS model black with white pickguard and it was made in 1996, I have this one too, but can somebody tell me, why on the back of guitar neck, when neck is screwed, there is inscription "FENDER SRV". With great value for money. It's wrong to think of the Squier brand as inferior, as a well-built one in the right hands can sound as good and play as well as a fully fledged Fender model. Theres no better example than anyone who belives the only true Fenders are the ones made in the U.S. All others be damned. The build quality on this squire is as good as the jap ones and the jimmy Vaughn for sure if not better. And, there's more good news - due to the way people think of these guitars, wrongly considering them as Squier when they are truly Fender, these "Squier Series" Stratocasters can be found for considerably less than the standard Fender on the second hand market. Fender factory hardware will last longer and may not require replacement. It's white with a black neck,floys rose tremo, and on the head stock it has "FenderStrat"/"Squire Series" all in black. as they are all 21 frets. So a considerable difference in price, again due to cheaper labour and manufacturing outside of the States. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1989 1991 Squier by Fender Stratocaster Black Made in China Guitar LOOK at the best online prices at eBay! The Player Series Stratocaster Pickups contain Alnico 5 magnetic pole pieces which provide rich and balanced bass response, punchy mid-range, and crystalline bell like highs with enhanced focus and dynamics. These pickups are more similar in construction to the P90s with more output and less clarity than traditional Fender singlecoils. GBP Enter the Fender Mexican Stratocaster. PLEASE do better research before you claim to offer an article that only gives far too many incorrect facts. and it weighs 7 pounds if that helps any. I recently picked one up in a pawnshop. Last Updated on September 2, 2022 by Play Guitar Notes. Although historically the Squier product portfolio has consisted primarily of lower-end versions of entry-level Fender models such as the Stratocaster and Telecaster, their offerings have diversified in recent years to include a wide variety of unique models, even including some that just they were available at the Fender Custom Shop. The finishes are neater and finer, they have better components, the pickups are of good quality most are of Alnico. As the Squier label carries its own baggage due to its budget nature, it's widely thought that many of the people who owned these "Squier Series" Fenders took steps to hide the name, despite the fact they owned proper Fender guitars. I don't know the technical term but they taper smoothly down to the edges of the neck which make for very smooth playing. Previously the core of the Squier line primarily featured Stratocasters and Telecasters, as well as Precision and Jazz Bass. This is a Made in Mexico "Squier Series" Standard Stratocaster, not to be confused with a Player Series or Standard MIM Stratocaster. Jan 12, 2010. A new Fender American Professional Stratocaster guitar can cost up to $1500. Once I got it home I noticed "Squier Series" at the top of the headstock was lightly sanded off.. All I had to do was replace the nut, replace the tuners, replace the bridge, replace the pickups, replace the controls, and give it a good set up.". It's an excellent guitar!!!! Cheapo, small pots, cheap selector, horrible pickups. Clean Soldering but cheap wire. Most people who end up with one of these seem to do so in the beginner stage of their playing days.

Minersville Police Activity, Oklahoma Power Outages Today, Nydailynews Horoscope, Articles F

fender stratocaster squier series made in mexico

We're Hiring!
error: