1962 chevrolet impala ss 409 0 60 time

The current bid is over $30,000 and the reserve isnt met and there are still three days left on the auction. The engine lineup of the Impala also witnessed the introduction of plenty of changes. And will it need lead additive? Did I mention it was whatever that bright red color was in those days THE color? Get the best deal for Vintage Car & Truck Accessory Belts & Parts for 1962 Chevrolet Impala from the largest online selection at eBay.com.my. I can see world peace and even both sides of the political aisle coming together in a big group hug before I could even imagine myself driving a car like this anywhere, let alone cross-country. Full profile. There are two extra body mounts on each side, so you could get a hardtop frame and they now make the attachments for the body mount that you can weld to a two-door hardtop frame, but youve got to get the exact locations for measurements. It just splashes places you would never believe. The Impala later became . It made for a nice swap and weight not dissimilar to the Impala that it was fast. 1960 Chevrolet Corvair Sedan. The Total production for the year was around 704,900. Available as either a four-barrel with 250 horsepower or a three-two-barrel with 280, the radical new Turbo-Thrust V-8 didnt even look like a small-block thanks to both its size and the shape of its heads. I believe Andys car was running what later became NASCAR racing short rams. I wonder what Mr. Armstrong paid for this car back in 1989.. hmm.. My dad got it with 27k miles and I learned to drive stick. And when I got backMan that was Quick, they werent very busy today were they? He sent me back out to get us KFCcuz I told him Id personally dried the wheels myself. The firewall was fine. Specs datasheet with technical data and performance data plus an analysis of the direct market competition of, Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe 409 V-8 Turbo-Fire 409-hp (man. Nice car! without speed governor)The same class cars with similar kind of fuel, power and type of transmission: 1962 Pontiac Catalina Sports Sedan 421 V-8A North America U.S. special version6.9-litre / 421 cui 302 kW / 411 PS / 405 hp (max)1962 Pontiac Catalina Sports Sedan 421 V-8A 4-speed North America U.S. special version6.9-litre / 421 cui 302 kW / 411 PS / 405 hp (max)1962 Plymouth Sport Fury 2-Door Hardtop V-8 413 Max Wedge 420-hp (SP2) North America U.S.6.8-litre / 413 cui 313 kW / 426 PS / 420 hp (SAE gross)1962 Plymouth Sport Fury 2-Door Hardtop V-8 413 Max Wedge 410-hp (SP2) North America U.S.6.8-litre / 413 cui 306 kW / 416 PS / 410 hp (SAE gross)1962 Mercury Monterey S-55 2-Door Hardtop 406 Marauder V-8 4-speed North America U.S.6.6-litre / 405 cui 287 kW / 390 PS / 385 hp (SAE gross)1962 Mercury Monterey S-55 2-Door Hardtop 406 Marauder Super V-8 4-speed North America U.S.6.6-litre / 405 cui 302 kW / 411 PS / 405 hp (SAE gross)1962 Dodge Dart 330 2-Door Hardtop V-8 413 385-hp 4-speed North America U.S.6.8-litre / 413 cui 287 kW / 390 PS / 385 hp (SAE gross). Chevy was now positioned for what would be called the horsepower race and the 1955 bodys up-to-date design was a bonus and an instant hit. Of those, more than 15,000 included the 409 engine. It is, of course, Chevys 409 hp, dual quad, 409 cubic-inch V8 and paired with that sweet 4-speed floor shifter this car has to be a top-ten dream car for most of us in my age range, at least in the American iron category. Crazy. I liked Ford Ka, Ford Puma and Ford Cougar of that time. Price: $0.00. What top speed ? Violations of copyright will be prosecuted under the fullest extent of the law.The full Terms and Conditions of using this website and database can be found here. But while the engine list is interesting, it doesnt show the end-of-the-model-year addition of a new engine, the 360-horsepower 409, a bored-and-stroked version of the 348. He needed a lawyer, a fat wallet, and a private investigator to get out of that. Relisted on EBay with a starting bid of 75k, and somebody jumped in. I think it was a 1973 or 1974. 1. Had engine replaced about 40 years ago with another 283. The song was sold to Capitol Records for $300,( almost $2,500 today) of which the band got a royalty of 2.5%. Thiscar has over 100 trophies and plaques that have been won with thiscar. He did not, however, carry his teaching efforts to the extremes. 1962 CHEVROLET IMPALA 350 Motor Bored .30 over Aluminum Heads 350 Transmission 352 Gear Rack and Pin . I just recently found a station that carries leaded gas. Wow. You do not acquire A decade later, the feature car has never been trailered to a show. For 1962, the 409 was available at the model year's start and produced 380 horsepower with a four-barrel or 409that magic onehorsepower-per-cubic-inchwith two . He may have come across some of the hopped up 283 with a racing cam and phony emblems or maybe a 327 -250hp and if he was real good maybe a the 327 -250, 300/325 but I doubt if he could take topped out 348/ turning in the 380s hp. . Rube- Thanks for a very informative answer. (Even though, Dennis Wilson knew very little about the car, or surfing, for that matter) It was a popular car, and most were trashed. The wheel covers with knock-off hub styling are part of the Super Sport package. How much fuel ? This means that our chances of seeing one in the metal are very, very slim. It includes a Isky Z11 cam, Dual AFB Quads, Scorpion roller rockers, Doug's Headers, and puts out 467hp to the flywheel. Back to the Literature Library. We have a read deal 1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport 409 in triple black that just came out of a co . Dad couldn't remember the exact mph, but was thinking it was like 104. That includes the interior, starting with rebuilding seats from another car, but with the exception of the windshield, all of the glass is original. 1962 was the year when the Chevrolet Impala, a nameplate whose popularity was already skyrocketing, received the now-famous convertible-style roof, a styling gimmick that diehard fans ended up falling in love with. I have the two that Ive always wanted to do, the Bubbletop and a 409 convertible red-on-red, so Im satisfied., Sixty-two, Novatnak observed, was a good year. For sale we have a 1962 Chevrolet Impala Convertible. site. Then I had to sell it to go to the rest of college;-). If it was the 283, it would only have the vee, without the flags.. 389 tri power Catalina 4-speed that he used to go hunt 409s for street races and never lost one in that car. Hi Rube, I would say this was one of the first quick full-sized cars. Theyre all being made overseas, but the quarter panels are really nice. The biggest problems are the wheelwells in the back and theres a body mount in the back thats shaped sort of like a halfmoon and the rubber mount is encased inside of that. . These Impalas had to have had a major influence on the GTOs and Chevelles that would follow in a few years. My sister was dating a guy who had one. The results were predictable great performance. It was never in the rain because once you drive a car in the rain on the highway, that water gets up into everything. What I find impressive today is that a base model Ford will do better 0-60 times than muscle cars of the era. Today, that's still true, and when you hear the not-so-subtle rumble of the 409, slip through the gears of the Muncie 4-speed, and watch all the envious eyes on you as you . Cookies Policy Specs review by Pawel Zal. He was way ahead of his tomes on figuring flows on manifolds, single planes versus dual plane. I remember his saying he had to do that because it looked like hell.. Hahahaha, Any of you guys and gals wanna help me start a Go Fund Me Page too make my dream come true , Aye, bug off pal, I thought of it first!. It was a big year for me., Copyright 2023 AutoRestorer, Classic AutoRestorer & AutoRestorer Magazine. 3 speed)as offered for the year 1962 since September 1961 in North America U.S. How many were produced ? . With a body updated again to include fins, the bigger news was under the hood, where a 283 was now available and depending upon options, it could produce up to 283 horsepower. There are notches for upper and lower, Novatnak explained. About 20s years ago a guy made me an offer for it, that I just couldnt refuse. Dora, MO. Except as expressly authorized by automobile-catalog.com, you agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, perform, display, license, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the Site or any Content available through the Site. Keep me in the conversation via email. The trim was still in place, but some was swapped for better pieces from parts cars. Check the tables below for detailed outside and inside dimensions, output, fuel economy and performance data. Privacy Policy, Cookies Policy, Terms and Conditions, Disclaimer. . Two cool shorts standin side by side . That is one of the iconic cars a lot of us dreamed about owning back when they were new. He never came across a real 1962 stock 409- 425 h.p from the factory with someone with the know how and the nerve to drive it on he street. Style 62 = year 1962 1847 = 2 door sport coupe Body VN23887 Trim 843 - Blue. Still such a beautiful design. A wind wing provided some welcome ventilation, particularly on a rainy day when you couldnt lower the windows. Engine, horsepower, torque, dimensions and mechanical details for the 1962 Chevrolet Impala . Add to Watchlist . My first brand-new car, he recalled, was the 62 two-door hardtop with that red paint inside of the side moldings and a red interior. My grandmother had a the 6 cyl, 3 on the tree, manual brakes, no air.and drove it until she died in 1979. The cars started at $2,662 for the year. Those were the days , my friends ! The 409 was directed largely to both drag and stock-car racers and by the engine's second production year, 1962, it had drawn serious attention by cleaning up the NHRA's Super Stock class. The markers on the side with the flags, minus the 409, were the indicators that it was the 327. Well, thats a mere $90,800! Free shipping for many products! Mike now claims he didnt get recognized enough as a co-writer of most of their hits. Ford Tudor Sedan Deluxe. That Hemmings ad seems to blow the Hagertys pricing out of the water. 1962 Chevrolet Impala SS For $20,350. Audi's MaterialLoop Project Uses Recycled Car Parts in the Production of New Vehicles, This Tiny House With Two Lofts Is the Perfect Mobile Home for a Family of Four, I Used Google Maps and Waze for a Two-Hour Drive and the Results Are Not Surprising, John Dodd's "The Beast" Is a Unicorn Custom Car Powered by a 27-Liter Merlin Aero Engine, Bolt Custom Is Still the Go-To Crew for a Personalized 18-Wheeler Like None Other, The Summit Is a Custom Tiny House Thats Better and Fancier Than an RV. One of the best buying experiences Ive ever had. For example, the SS two-door hardtop with a 409-cid/360-hp engine was good for 0-60 mph in 7.8 seconds and a 15.8-second quarter mile time! 3) (SS) in 1962, the model with 2-door hardtop coupe body and V-8 6702 cm3 / 409 cui, 305 kW / 415 PS / 409 hp (SAE gross) offered since September 1961 for North America U.S.. then 65 or 68. this one was a real stormer back in the day and I would love to restore such a worthy beast! 1961 ford galixie starliner did 0-60 in 5.8 seconds and quarter mile in 13.33 at 105.5mph. Except as expressly authorized by automobile-catalog.com, you agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, perform, display, license, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the Site or any Content available through the Site. The automobile-catalog.com website is only for the on-line view using the internet browser. Unless I needed to get my money out of it pronto there is no way.NO WAY I say. He hooked onto it with his tractor and pulled it out to the road for me. 1962 Chevy Impala SS. Man, that was a good score then. matters or any part of this site is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire His was typical 60s, nose high in front, fender well headers, Cragars in front and black and white painted steel wheels, with Atlas Bucrons in back. A 4.56 Posi was the highest option available, which got you a 6.3-second 0-60 MPH time. View cart for details. I had the car at his body shop and he let me use one of his bays all those years, Novatnak said. Thats why the car today looks so good from 2009.. Full performance data, accelerations chart, acceleration on gears, speed range on gears, overtaking factors etc: extra-urban (up to 62mph/100km/h) / city / highway (up to 87mph/140km/h) / average combined: Top speed: 0-60 mph (sec):0-100 km/h (sec):0-1/4 mile (sec):0-1 km (sec):Fuel consumption: ECE 90/120/city (comb. The front wheelwells are replaceable, so they were replaced. Apparently, this car was sold to DaleArmstrong May 15, 1989, by a gentleman in Des Moines Iowa and then was driven back to L.A. by Dale Armstrong. Thats a fun trip in a rental car, imagine doing that in a 62 dual-quad 409 Impala SS. Without the 409 underneath, this badge would tell you theres a 327 under the hood. 1962 Chevrolet Impala SS 409. Or subscribe without commenting. Being a 1962 model myself I love 1962 vehicles. These are the best Impalas because they had not grown into the heavyweight monsters they would become in the late 1960s. What about a #3 good condition 62 Chevy Impala SS 409 hp 409 with a 4-speed? Before he painted it, Novatnak said, when he primed the car, he noticed on top of one of the doors where the mirrors were that Id kind of messed that up a little bit and he did repair the one door. The convertible top was missing, so all the water was getting in and as a result, all the floors were gone, the trunk was gone. . 60.3 in | 1532 mm. Its transition from parts car to restoration project requires some explanation. One of the Impala SSs biggest competitors in 1962 was Chevys own Bel Air Coupe. I dont remember how long he kept it. 409 4 speed factory tach. Remove the flags and you know the car has a 283 V-8. Under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, the content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic Whew. But while the engine list is interesting, it doesn't show the end-of-the-model-year addition of a new engine, the 360-horsepower 409, a bored-and-stroked version of the 348. It just falls apart, he continued. I would love to have one too. All specifications, performance and fuel economy data of Chevrolet Impala Convertible 409 V-8 Turbo-Fire 409-hp 4-speed close (305 kW / 415 PS / 409 hp), edition of the year 1962 since September 1961 for North America U.S., including acceleration times 0-60 mph, 0-100 mph, 0-100 km/h, 0-200 km/h, quarter mile time, top speed, mileage and fuel economy, power-to-weight ratio, dimensions, drag . The Zintsmaster Impala SS 409, one of two known lightweights still in existence, surfaced last May, when it was bid to a high price of $160,000 (against a pre-auction estimate of $185,000 to $225,000) at Mecum's Indianapolis auction, but failed to meet its reserve price. Not an ignorant question at all, Pa, its a huge concern. Chevrolet (USA) catalogue1962-1964 Chevrolet Full-Size 6th generation (Bel Air, Biscayne, Impala) all versions catalogue1962 Chevrolet Impala Hardtop Coupe all versions1962 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe 409 V-8 Turbo-Fire 409-hp Horsepower/Torque Curve1962 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe 409 V-8 Turbo-Fire 409-hp Detailed Accelerations, Performance Review1962 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe 409 V-8 Turbo-Fire 409-hp Tire Sizes, 1962-1964 Chevrolet Full-Size 6th generation (Bel Air, Biscayne, Impala) all versions catalogue, 1962 Chevrolet Impala Hardtop Coupe all versions, 1962 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe 409 V-8 Turbo-Fire 409-hp Horsepower/Torque Curve, 1962 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe 409 V-8 Turbo-Fire 409-hp Detailed Accelerations, Performance Review, 1962 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe 409 V-8 Turbo-Fire 409-hp Tire Sizes, How much horsepower ? added laptime for Abarth 124 Spider, data for Abarth 124 Spider, laptime for Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe (C205), data for Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe (C205), laptime for BMW M4 Competition and more. I literally cant imagine it, its beyond my grasp of reality. ): EU NEDC/Australia ADR82: urban/extra-urban/combined U.S. EPA city/highway (combined): U.S. EPA (after 2008) city/highway: (combined) 10-15 mode: JC08 mode: Emission: To view table with complete performance data and technical specifications (including final drive and gear ratios, powertrain description, dimensions, accelerations chart etc.) why not post a photo on ebay of the most important part- the engine???? Wow! But Chevy wasnt the only company building more and more powerful cars. The most popular and desirable options among collectors today was the addition of an "SS" or "Super Sport" package. The range has never fallen from favor and Chevy has rarely wavered from its focus on performance. White racked up a pile of race wins for the 409 and was among the first, along with Junior Johnson, to race Chevy's stroked, Smokey Yunick-built "Mystery Motor" 427 thoroughbredan engine that HOT ROD Magazine dyno-tested in 2015 at the 1963 Daytona 500. The automobile-catalog.com website is only for the on-line view using the internet browser. Probably in my gut, he said, I knew it was a big project, but I also knew that I had a lot of parts that I didnt have to go scrounging and buying. . keep dreaming you may have it come true !!! The 62 posted here is a much prettier car but basically the same drive train. I know what I would buy, or pay off is more like it, but I would sure love to have this car. While a pair of four-barrel carburetors was an impressive choice with its 270 horsepower, those who wanted that last chunk of outputand had the money to pay for itwent with the new Rochester fuel injection. The bumpers and sidewindow frames were re-plated, but he had a good grille and used it to replace the original. 409.00 CID., 360.00hp. The two front fenders are new old stock fenders. FROM 2/22/18 - I hope that you're sitting down for this one, drool bib in place, seat belt on, and every other precaution that you can take while checking out this mind-blowing 1962 . 0-60 mph 6.6 Compare. Read his articles and you'll understand why his ideal SUV is the 1969 Chevrolet K5 Blazer. Had a bad cam and put a 30-30 Duntov solid lift er cam in it and never got it running. But Im not buying any more, Im not doing any more. - click the button below:Tire size:1962 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe 409 V-8 Turbo-Fire 409-hp standard and alternative wheel and tire sizes. Privacy Policy 1962 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe 409 V-8 Turbo-Fire 409-hp (man. The Muncie M20 wide ratio with 3.08 final and Muncie M21/M22 close ratio with 4.11 and 4.56 final. or $723/mo. Welcome to Classic Industries v7.1 Damn were I wish it had the coveted 283 . Much of the trim is being reproduced, he said, and for those pieces that arent, the only solution is to restore the original piece or find one thats better. That really looks like a nice 409, and Im glad to see it still has its factory tach and shifter! For I know there will be a time Was the 427 mystery really an early 427 BBC with funny valve covers? This article was not sponsored or supported by a third party. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 61 1961 62 1962 Impala NORS Cigarette Lighter Chrome Knob With Element MINTY VTG at the best online prices at eBay! Impala production for the year topped 700,000. Now days his old run down part pickers like the many SS 409 models, early Chevelles , road runners and parts I pulled for my 55 Chevy hardtop would be considered restorable great finds. Expensive when new, I doubt many kids could have ever afforded one brand new, and outside of the drivetrain they looked like any other full sized car with the exception of the tiny fender emblem that read dont mess with me underneath two racing flags. 1962 Chevrolet Impala Series Price Range: $2,700 - $3,100. $1000 for this Bow Tie back in 1989? translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the automobile-catalog.com So got it sans engine for $200 in 1971 . The 408 could be swapped to s LS3. It happened on the strip where the road is wide My wife is the ORIGINAL owner of a 1961 Impala 283 P.G. Introduced in 1963, the. $46,500 (OBO) Dealership. Amazing sleeper. By the time he finished the car, it was 2009 and he remembers the inaugural trip, a drive back to the body shop where it had been painted. Search locally or nationwide. If it wasnt a 62 Impala convertible with red paint and a red interior and a 409 waiting to go in, I never wouldve done it. Not only is a 409 surprisingly civilized when it needs to be, but nearly every part imaginable and every piece of information are available to keep the engineand the rest of the caron the road. Please enter a . 66,414 . No way this sold for 1000, even in 89 this would have got at least 7000 or more. Implanted into a factory-trimmed '62 Impala SS, the potency of the 409hp version was tested right off the showroom floor in a July 1962 Motor Trend report that resulted in a quarter-mile time of 14.9 seconds at 98 MPH. range must less brand new 1962 425hp, positive traction,4:11 rear-end with those two big Carter 4 barrel syrup buckets with a barrel for each cylinder my best friend had,and my other friends were all running the hottest they could afford and/or build themselves and next door neighbors who where the teenagers who cruised the streets and drive ins nights of big (Mobile, Al.) This car comes complete with 4-wheel disc brakes, vintage air, new rebuild on the 283 engine and turbo 350 transmission. Additionally, the package included a heavy duty suspension, a tachometer, metallic brakes linings, a locking console and knock-off style wheel covers. FOR SALE! Included in the SS package were front bucket seats with a special leather-soft vinyl covering that had aluminum edging. When I will buy a brand new Four-Oh-Nine!. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 62 1962 Impala SS Floor Console Courtesy Lamp Lot of 5 Chrome Lens Bulb Housing at the best online prices at eBay! Heres my story boysAt just 14, I hung around a Richfield gas station in of all placesSouth San Francisco, one of the guys had a 62 ss 409he asked my one day if Id take it to the car wash in town and have it washed and vacumed out, hed a hot date that night. 409 v8 big block 409 h. Qb = 11. T1121QB - Turbo Fire 409 . Impala (not SS) in the 60s. Same with the trunk. I acquired tons of NOS parts for it, but eventually two kids, a full time job, a part time job on a race team, and a garage full of other cars, caused the 09 to get pushed in a back corner and forgotten. For some monetary perspective, Hagerty is bullish at $55,900 for a #4 fair condition car. But it will run on unleaded if you can get it started. The body was rough, but that 409 was a screamer. So? A complete safety roll cage was fabricated and installed in the interior. Sold* at Scottsdale 2023 - Lot #952.1 1962 CHEVROLET IMPALA SS 409 When you register a car in California that was a private party or out of state sale, you pay a use tax based on the value of the car. ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Unusual for a full sized car for the time, although, I believe it was the Biscayne or BelAir that was the fastest.(anybody?). RIP Dale Armstrong. The list of old Super Sedan is almost complete. Please! Amazing car. Being said, current NHRA owner in Carlsbad.its probably owned by Ron Capps. But the big news was the new 24-barrel version of the 409 that was now rated at 409 horsepower. A 406 Ford, 421 Pontiac, and 409 Chevy were neck and neck, but in 1962 413 motors of from 62 til MOPARS 426 maxi wedge had only 1 real competitor, 427 Ford full size 425 HP special stripped down galaxy. Very fast & he really beat the heck out of it! It was a running, driving car with a serious case of rust. site. These were the 1st full sized cars to turn low 14s in the 1/4 mile, stock and with a little tweaking, high 13s easy.

Can Tartaric Acid Cause Miscarriage, Creal Funeral Home St Petersburg Obituaries, Strange Bird Brewery Rochester, Ny, Santa Ana Dmv Driving Test Route Map, 1979 Dodge St Regis Police Car, Articles OTHER

1962 chevrolet impala ss 409 0 60 time

We're Hiring!
error: